Arkham Asylum - Save game disappeared?

Decko87

2[H]4U
I just launched my game today, and I have no idea how it is possible, but my save file has disappeared? I was about 50% through the game, and had just finished the botanical garden. Has anyone else lost their save file? Is there any way to recover it?

If anyone is around a similar area could they send me their save file? Would that even work?

Does this have something to do with connecting to Windows Live or whatever?

Nope, I connected to Windows Live, then my profile loaded properly and there were no save files in it.

Why do you have to login to windows live to save your game? silly if you ask me.
btw installed this last night and was wondering about this.

I've read that saves tend to disappear if you quit your game while it's saving a checkpoint. Just search google for saved games of that level.

Yeah I've been looking for saved games, none of them seem to be worth while. They're either corrupt or they're way too far in. What a bunch of crap this has been.

Does anyone have a save file around where you fight the two bosses? This is driving me insane.

My offline save games (in XP) are stored in
C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\My Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum
I back up all save games every month and when I have achieved a tough milestone.
I learnt the hard way like you did op !

Sigh... I'll have to back it up when my brother starts playing. If I can't find a save file I basically have to wait for him to get to 50% because I'm not starting over again.

I'll bring this thread back from the dead as I DO have my savegames, but they just don't work.
I just did a format of my PC this weekend but kept all of my Batman save files. I just saved out the whole directory of C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\My Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum

Anyway, the game doesn't seem to recognize my saves. I de-activated the game from my old system in Steam and activated it on my new Windows install using the same key.

Any ideas? Am I just screwed?

Found a solution, and it worked for me after I re-installed Windows:

Important:
You need to back up the following folders in order to recover your saved games:
\Users\<your profile>\Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\SaveData

and the hidden folders
\Users\<your profile>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive
\Users\<your profile>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive

Reinstall your OS or the game or whatever you need to do...
Ensure you have patched the game to the same level as before.

Restore the backed up folders above to their required locations on your c:\ drive

Load up the game
Sign in with your GFWL Offline profile

Hey presto...
You should now be able to continue where you left off...

Back