Arkham Asylum Physx Card Not Working.

Decko87

2[H]4U
I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers and am currently using an 8800 GT as my physx processor. The rest of my specs are listed in my signature. In the control panel I have GPU acceleration enabled and my 8800 GT is selected. My frame rates are exactly the same with it disabled.

Does this make any sense? Any idea what the problem is?

I'm playing at 1650X1080 4x AA all settings turned up. I assume it's important to mention that my frame rate never dips below 60 when physx is disabled. And when it is enabled it drops down into the 20s sometimes below.

Last edited:
I think you're right, when I disable it the effects aren't quite as good, it seems like it changes to normal even though I have the AA settings set to high.

I must just need a more powerful card! Despite the recommendations I figured my computer would be enough to max it out. I guess not! I guess GTX 260 + 9800 GTX isn't equal to GTX 280 and 8800 GT. Would over clocking the GT help much? I can't deal with paying for another card and selling this GT right now.

I think you're right, when I disable it the effects aren't quite as good, it seems like it changes to normal even though I have the AA settings set to high.

I must just need a more powerful card! Despite the recommendations I figured my computer would be enough to max it out. I guess not! I guess GTX 260 + 9800 GTX isn't equal to GTX 280 and 8800 GT. Would over clocking the GT help much? I can't deal with paying for another card and selling this GT right now.

it really won't help much...its physX we are talking about here....pretty shitty performance in general.

There is a new beta driver out that improves GPU PhysX performance by 8%, worth a go.

My 8800GT has helped a lot with keeping framerates smooth

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

This is a beta driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 191.03
Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.
Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.03 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2
Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled
Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled
Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled
Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled
Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled
Adds SLI support for Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.
Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.

Back