Aria + GFI outlet = Problems??

Brandon Weir

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 4, 2001
Messages
464
I have had this happen 2 times in 2 different buildings that I have attended lanparties. If I plug my Antec Aria into a GFI outlet it trips but if I plug into a standard one it runs perfectly fine. Anyone care to help me with this or share a similiar issue? Thanx
 
Teh Rage said:
I have had this happen 2 times in 2 different buildings that I have attended lanparties. If I plug my Antec Aria into a GFI outlet it trips but if I plug into a standard one it runs perfectly fine. Anyone care to help me with this or share a similiar issue? Thanx

And the purpose of plugging into a GFI opposed to a regular plug is?

More than likelly when you power up your computer you are engaging the OC (over current in this case) protection built into the GFI. When a GFI detects a fast transient response in current it will trip, this is it's intended purpose. There is a simple overcurrent relay (50 element ie instantaneous overcurrent) setup inside the GFI.

The GFI will not protect against surges as well as an intended surge supressor outlet or power bar.

Later

MD
 
Back
Top