Argh! Which monitor to buy...

nicholarse

Weaksauce
I know you have most probably heard this question too many times but I just can't decide what to go for, it is a lot of money (for a student :( ) so I want to make the right decision.

OK, firstly, I'll be using this PC for pretty much everything - office apps, net browsing, bit of digital photography/photoshop, playing games as well as watching digital TV and DVD's.

Secondly, my budget, I'm in the UK so bear with me - max budget is £1400 (US$2680 - but UK is more expensive than US) all I have currently narrowed it down to is I want a LCD not CRT, dual monitors look nice for all the officy type stuff but when gaming and watching movies etc a bigger monitor appeals. I was tempted by the samsung 243T which comes in just over £1300 here however I've heard a new version is coming out with higher contrast and a more respectable 16ms response time, when it's coming out however is another matter.

So what should I do? All opinions welcome.

Thanks, Nick.

Well I was originally looking at the apple 23" as well as the HP23" and Sony23" which apparently all use the same LG panel - from reviews the Sony seemed to win out of those three however they all had their flaws. The samsung 24" is supposedly better than those three though (desptite it's longer response time). Thanks for the suggestion.

Nick.

I was also thinking about perhaps two 20" viewsonics, can you game using both the screens? although the bezel in the middle of the screen would be annoying..

you could probably game, but yes, the bezel in the middle would make it not worth it.

I remember that thread where that (lucky bastard) got the 30in. Apple. But what I forgot is that if you do buy that, is it that it doesn't have the same capabilities if it was put on a PC as it would with Mac?

I think I've gone off the idea of dual (or more) monitor setup. I'll try and wait it out for the new 24" samsung. thanks for the suggestions though.

Back