Argh! Onboard Ethernet won't work with K8N Neo Platinum!

M4d-K10wN

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I got this board a couple days ago, and everything seemed fine. Shipped with 1.1 BIOS, and I'm using a "CG" ClawHammer in it. Well, anyway, I installed Windowz xp, and then installed the drivers that came with the board. Now, I'm trying to set up my DSL connection. I connect the modem to the onboard Ethernet port, and attempt to install the software that will let me connect to their network (Bell Sympatico high speed edition, by the way..). To which the installer says that I need to install a NIC. In the more detailed description of the tests it performed, the section under TCP/IP settings was apparently empty. Everything else seemed fine. I'm going to go bitch and complain to my ISP now, but I doubt they would tell me anything beyond "Install a NIC". No room for a NIC though.

M4d-K10wN said:
and then installed the drivers that came with the board..
I think your answer's right there. Drivers that come enclosed with hardware are notoriously bad...get rid of them asap.

Start with downloading 2 newer chipset driver packs then completely uninstall your current ones via add/remove programs. After uninstalling reboot system and then proceed to install the newest driver pack you downloaded. Follow the prompts carefully and reboot when everything is finished installing.

Follow those directions exactly then report back here with results.

Hint: we need a lot more information from you. List system specs, OS, PSU etc

How can I get more recent drivers if I can't connect to the internet?
SJetski71 said:
Hint: we need a lot more information from you. List system specs, OS, PSU etc
I have mentioned already it's on WinXP, and the PSU in the case is far in the lands of irrelevancy. I also listed the specs...

M4d-K10wN said:
How can I get more recent drivers if I can't connect to the internet?
C'mon man, don't make me spell it out for you. Beg borrow or steal an internet connection and download those drivers.

Updated drivers are the first and foremost thing to try when new hardware isn't working correctly.

Good luck either way and hopefully its a software and not a hardware issue :)

Ps: The Psu was just an example of "system specs". Most [H] members need to know what they're dealing with when answering a question. There are bizarre incompatibilities you may not know of, and that we would need a full listing of to diagnose.

this is easy man
by default on BIOS lan is DISABLED
enable then reinstall the driver it will automatically find it

SJetski71 said:
C'mon man, don't make me spell it out for you. Beg borrow or steal an internet connection and download those drivers.

Maybe he posted on the [H] through his evil mind powers

Back