Ares I-X Launch Video

Amen brother...

The pursuit of sciences and knowledge will be our country's salvation.
I'm totally going to have to disagree with you...I'm also sure that the majority of starving people in the United States and the world would say, "FUCK the Fucking Rocket. I can't believed you said that. You must not be from this planet.

It fucked up at the end...

The payload at seperation turned sideways. If it had been in the atmosphere at the time it would have made a big POOF sound ;-)

Wow, we established they can use a jumbo one of the shuttles solid boosters, put something on it, and fly.... and to think it's only been 60 years of rocketry to get us to this point... cough.

As mentioned in another reply by JokerCPoC it didn't f up in the end. The upper stage is was a dummy stage, no ullage motors, no 2nd stage firing motor. What was shown was that a 1st stage SRB could be stably controlled using the SRB nozzle and a Roll Control System on the Upper Stage, it was claimed that this would be impossible by several "EXPERTS"
As to funds for this 450 million over 3 years, of which ~75% went to contractors supporting NASA (CEO's to technicians turning wrenches). Sounds like it was putting food on the table, paying mortgages.

I'm totally going to have to disagree with you...I'm also sure that the majority of starving people in the United States and the world would say, "FUCK the Fucking Rocket. I can't believed you said that. You must not be from this planet.

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.

You are basicly saying we should be dependant on the gov to feed people?

Anyway, i they tested the Orion capsule a few months ago, pretty cool stuff they are working on for sure!

So sell your computers and possessions and everything you own and go feed the starving people if it means so much to you.

I'm guessing it's not supposed to dent? Or do they hammer it out and reuse it?

I doubt they will reuse this SRB, who knows what happened to the integrity of the metals used when it hit the ocean, but its possible

Reports now are that one of the three parachutes apparently deflated and cause it to hit the water pretty hard. We will see

The vast majority of people starving in the US, based upon my experience in soup kitchens, are parasites. The only thing they contribute to society is making CO2 to feed the trees.

Back