• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Areca RAID in Intel D955XBK - Possible?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
15,461
I have an Intel D955XBK. It seems to have 2 PCI-Express slots that look identical, but the manual says one is a 4x and one is a 16x. I have a GeForce 6200 in the 16x slot. I am thinking about this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816131003

Says it needs an 8x slot. Will this work in my 4x slot that looks like a 16x slot? If not, would it be possible to move my 6200 into the 4x slot and run the RAID card from the 16x slot?
 
I don't have experience with this, but I've heard of people having trouble running certain raid cards( not sure of the brand) on some motherboards pci-e slots. You might want to dig to make sure that card and your board don't have that issue.
 
Back
Top