Are you still using Windows 8 Preview?

Are you still using windows 8 preview?

• Yes I'll use it forever

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No way it sucks!

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
I would be using it, except BF3 and BC2 go zombie when I exit them. They stay in memory and I can't close them and afterwards they will not reload because they think they are already running. If I could find a fix for that issue I'd run Windows 8 all the time because I really liked it. Hopefully the beta will fix that issue.

I have the developer preview on 3 machines, 2 slates and a desktop. Actually the desktop has been pretty solid, support on the slates however has been a bit iffy, and surprisingly the Samsung Series 7 Slate has been the most problematic, it's stable but just not enough driver support.

But I'll be on Windows 8 from here on as I'm learning Metro app development.

What kind of poll is that? Where is the option of: "No, I like it but its a pre-beta build"

Exactly. I love Windows 8 as is, but I know a lot is going to change. They are getting feedback from people and are still working on a beta. I'll make my decision around beta or RC on whether or not I'll have it on my main machine. On a tablet, oh hell yes.

The biggest problem for me atm is actually the current lack of the traditional rdesktop client. Fortunately that'll be fixed by release.

Back