• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Are you still using Windows 8 Preview?

Are you still using windows 8 preview?

  • Yes I'll use it forever

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No way it sucks!

    Votes: 10 62.5%

  • Total voters
    16
I would be using it, except BF3 and BC2 go zombie when I exit them. They stay in memory and I can't close them and afterwards they will not reload because they think they are already running. If I could find a fix for that issue I'd run Windows 8 all the time because I really liked it. Hopefully the beta will fix that issue.
 
I have the developer preview on 3 machines, 2 slates and a desktop. Actually the desktop has been pretty solid, support on the slates however has been a bit iffy, and surprisingly the Samsung Series 7 Slate has been the most problematic, it's stable but just not enough driver support.

But I'll be on Windows 8 from here on as I'm learning Metro app development.
 
What kind of poll is that? Where is the option of: "No, I like it but its a pre-beta build"

Exactly. I love Windows 8 as is, but I know a lot is going to change. They are getting feedback from people and are still working on a beta. I'll make my decision around beta or RC on whether or not I'll have it on my main machine. On a tablet, oh hell yes.
 
The biggest problem for me atm is actually the current lack of the traditional rdesktop client. Fortunately that'll be fixed by release.
 
Back
Top