Votes: 41 18.6%
  • Yes, NVIDIA to AMD

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • No, sticking with AMD.

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • No, sticking with NVIDIA.

Votes: 132 60.0%

• Total voters
I've been using NVidia cards from day one and continue to do so. I've never really had a major issue with them. Small problems crop up but they get fixed after a google search. I also never buy the newest card until well after their release. I also skip some generations of cards, I see no reason to buy the next new card (I never used the step-up program). I went from the GTX580 to GTX980. I'd rather let the reviewers give the cards a once over and post their findings. I want to buy a card, install it and use my computer, not deal with VRam issues, overheating, or other hardware/software issues.

All of my cards have been from EVGA, even the first card I bought, a GeForce 6800 Ultra.

Haven't had an Nvidia card since AGP days, but my Radeon HD 7870 is just struggling too much at 1920x1080 with modern games, AND the GTX 1070 is too bloody irresistible.

I have two secondary systems that are also due for an upgrade...these will probably get a midrange card of some sort and I'm watching to see what happens here by year's end. One is used as a sort of HTPC box, and for that one I'd really like to stick with AMD.

The last PC graphics card I've had is a Geforce 3 Ti 200. I nearly upgraded it to a Geforce Ti4600. I'm one of those people who was always constantly waiting for the next big thing and never ended up buying anything.

We have both a 980 Ti and a 390 in the house hold and both work well and AMD's drivers are not as bad as they once were.

To me it's more about what displays will be released next year. If we get good 4K @ 120 Hz G-Sync displays first then I'll probably stick with Nvidia, otherwise I might go with AMD depending on how their next top end cards fare at 4K and what price tag they have.

Just gave my 970 (that I still needed lol) to my nephews... So for a replacement GPU for that rig I went with an RX480

The last PC graphics card I've had is a Geforce 3 Ti 200. I nearly upgraded it to a Geforce Ti4600. I'm one of those people who was always constantly waiting for the next big thing and never ended up buying anything.

They say if you wait for the next piece of hardware you'll never upgrade because the new version is always around the corner.

Back