Are you excited by The Sims 2?

b0rk

n00b
I guess I'm interested in finding out if and how excited 'you' may be about The Sims 2.

I'm an absolute fan of the game and can't wait for it to be released. I've collected every screenshot and video available. Am I insane? :eek:

What's your favorite thing about The Sims 2?

I love the new 3d graphics and the way that sims can be edited and skinned.

Really excited. Are you? ;)

i think its a really great achievement. the sims age and all that. really takes simulation gaming to a new level. but as for how much i care about seeing sims2 and its 50 expansions personally. don't care. i'm sure people are going to love it and i'm sure it'll be a wonderful game.

A lot of gamers hate the sims because it expsoed their illusive secretive sect of game players to everyones eyes. People can fundamentaly object to a game emulating life but I liked the sims, I played it alot because it was easy to pick up and you felt rewarded to move your charicter along. I look forward to the Sims 2 also, I think it will be intresting and hopefully will intertain me as the previous title did,

Sims 2 is gonna be cool as hell .. so much better than the first .. I'm just hoping that you'll be able to import 3d models into the game .. if so there is going to be tons of stuff for the houses .. basically the possibilities are endless ..

Originally posted by Minus000
A lot of gamers hate the sims because it expsoed their illusive secretive sect of game players to everyones eyes.

i dont get it :confused:

Originally posted by Joose
Sims = Sh!t

nuff said.

hmm....this is a pretty typical response because its not a very 'manly' game.

But i'll come out the closet ...i liked the sims ...has a strange addicting quality to it.

Sims = Sh!t

nuff said.

well. not really. i hope you never write a research paper with that much of an argument. i doubt he was trying to turn this into another 'is sims good' thread. but, you didn't even provide any reasons. thats the least you could do, say why you don't like it.

I just don't like The Sims. I played it when it first came out, then got really bored with it. My GF kept playing it. It was nice to be able to download stuff and add it to the game. But when she has 8+gigs of crap, I said enough.

Expansion packs are nice, especially if they have new material. But a lot of the 3 million expansions had content that was available for free over the internet.

But, I can't deny the impact it had on gaming. It is, after all, the best selling PC game ever. It's like "Titanic", you hate it, but can't argue with the numbers...

P.S. My dislike of the game has nothing to do with whether or not it is "Manly". I am a gamer at heart, and that transends the manly issue. Final Fantasy anyone?

Originally posted by MorfiusX
But, I can't deny the impact it had on gaming. It is, after all, the best selling PC game ever. It's like "Titanic", you hate it, but can't argue with the numbers...

Pasted into 'Cool Quotes.txt' :cool:

Sims = Sh!t

nuff said.

Originally posted by Cigolon
well. not really. i hope you never write a research paper with that much of an argument. i doubt he was trying to turn this into another 'is sims good' thread. but, you didn't even provide any reasons. thats the least you could do, say why you don't like it.

I played the first Sims without any expansions back in the day. The game was pretty fun until the house burnt down and the newborn got smoked.

Stopped playing the game ever since then. My g.f howevers still downloads a crapload worth of objects, about 8-10 GBs or so. Got her all of the expansions series that came out, so no doubt that I will be waiting in line to get her the 2nd installment when it comes out....

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
hmm....this is a pretty typical response because its not a very 'manly' game.

But i'll come out the closet ...i liked the sims ...has a strange addicting quality to it.

LOL not a 'manly' game?! Well maybe. Still I'm a 30 yo male and I've been hooked on The Sims for years now. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chelica
I played the first Sims without any expansions back in the day. The game was pretty fun until the house burnt down and the newborn got smoked.

Stopped playing the game ever since then. My g.f howevers still downloads a crapload worth of objects, about 8-10 GBs or so. Got her all of the expansions series that came out, so no doubt that I will be waiting in line to get her the 2nd installment when it comes out....

Whoa! :rolleyes:

I'm really in trouble. My wife doesn't play the Sims. But I do! :eek:

while i believe this is a very innovative game.. and good for killing time.. it just feels to me like a computer version of a Barbie Playhouse..

had fun with it.. but once i done everything, there wasnt much more to look forward to.

Originally posted by b0rk
LOL not a 'manly' game?! Well maybe. Still I'm a 30 yo male and I've been hooked on The Sims for years now. :rolleyes:

haha i'm with ya, I enjoy the sims, cant wait for sims 2

will be be able to have more control over the sex this time around??
¬_¬

She does not like the game or something? Have you tried letting her play?

My mistake was that I asked my g/f to try the game out. I was the one that got into the game in the beginning. Now, she downloads and plays till there is no tomorrow. At times, she would beg to have me purchase those damn pay object sets. Now that is over the freaking line since she is basically purchasing virtual objects that looks no different than those free ones that you can download. O yeah, don't get me started in talking about the various forums that she is in...

Originally posted by FanZ
while i believe this is a very innovative game.. and good for killing time.. it just feels to me like a coputer version of a Barbie Playhouse..

:D :D :D Aww, be nice! :cool:

Actually... Barbies playhouse huh? ;) LOL that could be fun.

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
haha i'm with ya, I enjoy the sims, cant wait for sims 2

will be be able to have more control over the sex this time around??
¬_¬

Oh yeah! Looks like in TS2 there will be lot's more control of how the Sims 'do it'. Rather than just 'play in bed' in Sims 1. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chelica
She does not like the game or something? Have you tried letting her play?

She tried it once and thought it was cool but she's more into gardening then computing / playing games. So sometimes I spend an hour or two playing Sims while she does the gardening. Everyone needs to have a little time to themselves. :D

its weird why all the female like this game.. maybe cos u can buy stuff n control ppl.

anyway i didnt like the sims cos it looked shit but new one could be ok. it would be nice if they add bit of vice city or postal 2 into the game.

I thought the first one was ok, I got a few hours out of it but by the time I'd copped off with half the neighbourhood and had 3 people in one house at the top of their profession I couldn't see the point.

I'll probably check it out but I wouldn't say I'm 'excited'

My one request though is that they please for the love of god go to the toilet after themselves. And give them a rifle, I got sick of the fricking burglers stealing shit.

Yea, they released a nudity patch for the Sims 1 tho, so I am sure the blurring will go away about 1 week after the release of Sims 2, hehe.

As for being robbed, that does suck. One time, my so called Sims family got robbed in point blank range, the male Sims did not even do a damn thing. I want to see him try to tackle the baddies and beat his ass, hehe.

I enjoyed it for a while and moved on. Deffinately didn't think it was ground breaking, but was something to do.

I think I'd find it more interesting if your control was more on the macro side instead of micro.

I mean, I don't find it "fun" to have to tell my sim to go to the bathroom, and eat, and crap like that. I would find it fun however to perhaps have the option to go to work with the sim and control him/her there. Perhaps have your raises and promotions be based on how you do with them at work.

but that's me...

....I also had a riot making a replica of my house :D

My girlfriend used to be really into it--I got her all of the expansion packs for it, and she even re-purchased the series for her iBook.

As for me... I enjoyed the first few months with it, but that was about it. I mainly enjoyed designing the Sims' house and then furnishing it with all the things I'd like to have. So, for me, it was sort of like a role-playing game rather than a simulator (I suppose, in essence, it is an RPG).

I suppose that one of these days I might re-load it and try things again, but in the meantime I'm enjoying SimCity 4, Far Cry (demo anyhow), Splinter Cell, and a few others. The Sims really isn't on my list of priorities, ya know?

I'm almost as excited about Sims 2 releasing as i am the 10 page biology paper i have to write tommorrow.

Yea I played it when it first came out and thought it was pretty cool but then diablo II stole my money and I had to get it back. :D Damn battle.net

On the other hand my fiance loves The Sims. I guess it appeals to her because she can control all the aspects of thier lives ( Also I believe all women are born with a controlling gene.)

i'm sure it's addicting as all hell. i'm sure i'd praise it immensely.

but i just can't bring myself to play a game about real-life. that would just be the last draw before i kill myself being lonely

Back