Are You Among the 600?

...and this is light-years ahead of the other option, at&t which is nearly half has fast and more expensive.

20/3 from Speedtest.net Comcast is pretty good here. Even though those are Powerboost numbers, they're very good. The only thing is the price is pretty high. $50/month or something like that.

Google is welcome as long as they don't degrade what we already have. More options make more competition and hopefully lower prices.

That seemed hi.. ran it twice more.. This is about right.. It's a 20/20 connection but I have other computers on it too..

If I move again, I will only move where there is FIOS. That is now a BIG DEAL for me.
FIOSFIOSFIOS

20/3 from Speedtest.net Comcast is pretty good here. Even though those are Powerboost numbers, they're very good. The only thing is the price is pretty high. $50/month or something like that.

Google is welcome as long as they don't degrade what we already have. More options make more competition and hopefully lower prices.

You will never hit those speeds on anything but speed test, trust me. It's decent internet but it isn't 20/3

Man, it pisses me off that the average Los Angeles connection is like 5 Mbps. We have 3 Mbps in this household. Los Angeles being one of the most populated cities in the entire country as well as one of the most busiest compared to small towns in the mid-west we get crap connection, it makes no sense what so ever. I hope Google realizes where real fiber connections need to be expanded to: Fast Fiber to dense populated areas.

Only reason why Verizon has their fiber through rural places is obvious, less money to roll out and still able to get a good profit margin.

im pretty sure im in the 600, grand rapids MI.

there was a big news article here about it. we had a festival down town that had live music and cheap food, from what the article said.

of course i had no idea about it until i saw it on the news that night.

already have broadband where I live. were launching 50Mb services soon. I cant imagine needing more than that right now.

Back