Are we there yet?

Disposed

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there such a thing as a 27" 1440p thats 120hz or better yet for under $500? Without going with a korean panel. I took that gamble already and didnt win, mine wont do anything at all over 60hz not even 61.

Is there such a thing as a 27" 1440p thats 120hz or better yet for under $500? Without going with a korean panel. I took that gamble already and didnt win, mine wont do anything at all over 60hz not even 61.

ASUS MG279Q. I typically see it under $600, with sales even lower (I think it was $530 on Newegg a few weeks back). Set up a price tracker for your favorite etailers.

27"
1440p
IPS
144hz
Free-Sync

I would hold off until after CES. Most of the available panels that fit your criteria are plagued with QC issues. The ASUS MG279Q was so bad that Amazon stopped carrying it.

I'd wait for something with an LG AH-IPS or Samsung PLS panel. AUO seems to be having some manufacturing problems, as even the high-end $800 monitors based on AUO panels are a crap-shoot.

Including GSync or Freesync? I've been keeping an eye on Freesync monitors recently, mainly Acer or Ben-Q, and there's a few options around $500. The cheapest would be the Acer XG270HU which has a TN panel. They recently came out with an IPS panel version, the XF270HU. I agree that you'd want to wait until after CES to buy anything; that's what im doing.

https://jet.com/product/Acer-XG270H...reen-Monitor/9a584f4097be42e5a12e7c076de8a448

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VRCLHYS/ref=psdc_1292115011_t3_B00UPVXDA8

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Korean monitors are a gamble. Mine does 120hz no problem. Most all of the Qnix's are guaranteed to do 96hz at this point.

Looks like that acer is a pretty poor quality TN panel but its definitely a step in the right direction. You got me super excited with that Asus just to find it was 1080p. :p
Oops! I even owned the ASUS, myself, and I forgot it was only 1080p... :eek:

The price for a Korean makes it just so worth the gamble, but can you see that much of a difference to warrant twice price?

The Korean monitors are a gamble. Mine does 120hz no problem. Most all of the Qnix's are guaranteed to do 96hz at this point.

I may look into the qnix. 96 would be good enough for me most of the time. I bought a shimian and love the picture and 1440p i know i couldnt go back to 1080 and im worried about buying a TN panel.

Wasnt there an ebay seller that was selling korean panels tested to run 120hz at a premium?

Back