Are those temperatures ok?

firas

2[H]4U
this is my friends PC, the board is Abit P35-E (drivers wasn’t installed when I took the shot), he’s using a $10 case, only Everest was running when I took the shots so I guess these temperatures are @ Idle

summaryux1.jpg

sensorji8.jpg

77F at idle? What kind of cooling is going on? how cold is the room? A core with a temp of 77F, thats pretty darn low. Can't ever get my cores to get below 31C at idle and thats with a thermalright ultra 120 and some massive fannage.

77F at idle? What kind of cooling is going on? how cold is the room? A core with a temp of 77F, thats pretty darn low. Can't ever get my cores to get below 31C at idle and thats with a thermalright ultra 120 and some massive fannage.

My E6750 at stock speed idles at 22°C. When its OC'd to 3.8Ghz (1.5v), it idles at 28°C. I'm using an Ultima90 w/ 92mm Panaflo fan. Ambient temp is 22°C. During full load, it reaches 52°C. I use CoreTemp to check my temps, btw.

My E6750 at stock speed idles at 22°C. When its OC'd to 3.8Ghz (1.5v), it idles at 28°C. I'm using an Ultima90 w/ 92mm Panaflo fan. Ambient temp is 22°C. During full load, it reaches 52°C. I use CoreTemp to check my temps, btw.

I'm not sure on the specifiics, but just intuitive thinking would tell me that you shouldn't be able to get your processor (even at idle it still has current going through it?) to the same temperature as ambient temperature. I know that core temp relays temperatures not so much in real terms, but in terms relative to tmax or whatever it is (definitely not as knowledgable as i could be in regards to this). I'm not criticizing in the least, just trying to understand. So forgive me! :p

Like I said in my earlier post, the lowest temp of my e6600 (stock clock) was 28C with a room temperature of probably 20C. That was with an open case and the 120mm fan trying to lift off on my thermalright ultra-120 heatsink. I believe that your coretemp said 22c... i just can't rationalize any of this! *pulls out hair*

so it's ok? wow could it be more than ok :) ?
I don’t know about the room temperature but it’s normal (I mean you can wear a short and a t-shirt and don’t feel cold :D)
we bought his case for about $8, it doesn’t have a front or back fan, only 2 very small fans at the side panel
so how can I know the load tepms? run prime95 for like 30min then take a screenshot?

Back