Are this good temps for an E8400 @ 4ghz?

What program are you using to measure these? What is your definition of full load? What is your vcore?

Yes those are good temps and yes I will be picking that heat sink up from Fry's on the way home from work tomorrow. Great clock for the voltage too.

Yes those are good temps and yes I will be picking that heat sink up from Fry's on the way home from work tomorrow. Great clock for the voltage too.

thanks.

The cnps9700nt is not $30 anymore, I think it's like $50 now. I got it for that price during the Labor Day special a couple of months ago.

Can you provide screens?

ohid78.jpg

You're pretty lucky to have a chip that does 4GHz with only 1.288V. Very nice.

yep:)
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1341625

It doesn't seem like it is a popular heatsink like the TRU 120.

Indeed. It's because you can get the TRUE for about the same price that you would normally pay for the Zalman 9700 NT and it performs better, especially if you're dealing with a quad core.

For dual core, the Zalman can hold its own no probs. I prefer the look of the Zalman compared to all other coolers out in the market. The workmanship is top notch also.

what is the voltage set to in the BIOS?

I'm interested to know as well, I found on my rig that CPU-Z grossly under reported my vcore.

BTW, have you tested temps with IntelBurnTest? My computer will run Orthos at 50-55 but with IntelBurnTest it will peg at 72 then it throttles back.

I trust you but do you have a screen of running Orthos for at least an hour? Preferably more. I'm debating if this is the heat sink I want.

Dam garycoleman E0 too. Might as well see if you can push 4.2-4.3Ghz with maybe 1.4v

What's the longest you can run Orthos? I think you need to run Orthos for 6-8hrs or overnight if you can. I've ran Orthos for up to 12hrs or more until I was satisfied it was stable,
so your going to need to run that ALOT longer! But you look good so far!

Sorry to resurrect a thread but should I be believing CPU-Z or my BIOS when Im trying to stay under Intel's 1.3625 spec?

BIOS CPU-Z (idle)
1.385 1.288
1.405 1.312
1.425 1.328

Sorry to resurrect a thread but should I be believing CPU-Z or my BIOS when Im trying to stay under Intel's 1.3625 spec?

BIOS CPU-Z (idle)
1.385 1.288
1.405 1.312
1.425 1.328

The bios is the output setting, cpuz is the Vcore - vdroop

the Vcore max is reached at idle. Check cpuz then and make sure Vcore does not exceed your desired threshold.

Back