Are they releasing non FE editions of the 1080 Ti?

Vatican

Weaksauce
All i see are the founders editions for the cards and the 3rd party retailers released them as well, when are the non FE versions coming out with higher out of the box clocks?

I know other companies are as well, but EVGA is releasing their custom iCX PCB as well as stock PCB options for the 1080 Ti.

There was a moratorium by Nvidia that AIB partners couldn't release their own custom cards prior to a certain date. I think it was mid-April.

At least Nvidia isn't charging a $100 early adopter tax on the Fools Edition this go round.

Last edited:
All i see are the founders editions for the cards and the 3rd party retailers released them as well, when are the non FE versions coming out with higher out of the box clocks?
The answer was already plastered all over this forum.

I wasn't expecting the Strix to carry a $100 premium, is that much of a price increase normal for the Strix or just an early adopter tax. I though the premium would be more in the $40 - $50 range

Damn my old eye, its only a $80 premium. Fair enough ordered the MSI Armor instead

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting the Strix to carry a $100 premium, is that much of a price increase normal for the Strix or just an early adopter tax. I though the premium would be more in the $40 - $50 range

It's cost money to get that extra 5 MHz of OC over the FE.

Last edited:

Damn my old eye, its only a $80 premium. Fair enough ordered the MSI Armor instead
This is why I bought an FE straight away and have an Accelero Xtreme III cooler in the post.
Cheaper and silent no matter how hard it is pushed.

I'd like to see a review showing max overclock and thermals of the MSI 1080 Ti Seahawk, and the price difference for the Seahawk X premium.

Back