Are these Specs good enough to be a gaming comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyrimboss

n00b
XPS 15 XPS 15
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor (2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz
Keyboard Backlit Keyboard - English
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
Hard Drive 1TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Color Elemental Silver Aluminum
Integrated Network Adapter Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
Adobe Reader Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
CD ROM/DVD ROM 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Sound JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3
Wireless Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
Battery 6 Cell (56 WHr) Battery

I just want a reliable gaming computer for college. I dont mind playing on low to medium quality. Probably would be playing Diablo 3 or Starcraft II. Thanks!!!!!

Yea, the GPU is weak, I would wait and get the Lenovo Y580 that's coming out

too weak for even sc or diablo on medium ? I think you'd be ok assuming the price is right...:confused:

your fine that would blast through stuff

This is a low end gaming PC, don't try to force it on high end games lol, you'd have to turn the settings down to low or medium and AA off most likely to get the highest frame rates.

I'd go with something that has a stronger GPU. The 525 is pretty low end now a days but I guess you'd be able to run medium for those games.

Yep, more than good enough. I didn't have any trouble running a game like Dota on my netbook if you tweak the settings enough. You should be fine!

That will run Diablo 3 on the lowest settings with the screen running at native resolution. You can try slightly higher settings, but the framerate on lowest settings isn't going to be really good in the first place.

What is your budget for a laptop?

Games like SC2 and Diablo 3 are designed with lowend graphics cards in mind. They want as many players as they can -- therefore, their games have scalable graphics. It's great, I think. Not enough game manufacturers that would cater as low as Blizzard. That's one of the reasons the original Starcraft was so popular. All you would need is a P3 500mhz and 64mb of ram and you're good to go. Maybe the specs were even lower, I'm not sure, but just about anybody could run it from 1998 onwards.

In the end it just matters the type of games you play... And how much you care about eye-candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back