Are there two different BenQ G2400WD's?

Arklight

Gawd
I noticed at the BeQ store that the G2400WD is $399.99 without any applied discounts, however, at NCIXUS the price for the G2400WD is $295.00.

Why such a difference in cost?

I noticed the one at the BenQ store states "10/30 Release Date". Is the one at the BenQ store a newer revision...or....does NCIXUS just have a kickass price?

Does this place offer a shipping estimate? Sorry it's off topic but i am ready to buy a BenQ too. I can't even find the FP241VW except in Canada.

Does this place offer a shipping estimate? Sorry it's off topic but i am ready to buy a BenQ too. I can't even find the FP241VW except in Canada.

Yes, and they are cheap. For me to buy a G2400WD with FedEx Express Saver the shipping cost was estimated at $28. That's pretty darn good considering this company is in Canada and I am in Central California.

Here's a bump for you and I have a question as well.....
How will you get the Neo-Flex stand for this as it is sold only as a "kit" with the G2400WD? I am not seeing it at NCIXUS, but I am seeing the monitor by itself.

Here's a bump for you and I have a question as well.....
How will you get the Neo-Flex stand for this as it is sold only as a "kit" with the G2400WD? I am not seeing it at NCIXUS, but I am seeing the monitor by itself.

Thanks. :)

I believe the Ergo can be purchased seperately in the accessories section of BenQ as well as at Newegg for $39.99.

BenQ: http://store.benq.us/benq-us/searchresults.aspx?dept_id=19&culture=en-US

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994001

Sorry if it seemed a stupid question, but i know i read somewhere that it was sold as a package only -- obviously misinformation. Good for you (and me too possibly).

So have you pulled the trigger on the G2400VW? I've narrowed my choices down to this on and the HP h2408w.

I pulled the trigger on the G2400WD. I saw the price on ncixus, but the price of every shipping option was outrageous. I ended up buying the product from BenQ itself, which provides free shipping from Fedex. It is estimated to arrive on Tuesday. I will give my thoughts and comments.

Sorry if it seemed a stupid question, but i know i read somewhere that it was sold as a package only -- obviously misinformation. Good for you (and me too possibly).

So have you pulled the trigger on the G2400VW? I've narrowed my choices down to this on and the HP h2408w.

I actually bought an HP w2408h last night and returned it today. It was a very nice monitor, but some of the colors were a little too oversaturated for my taste. In particular, the reds ad greens. I also could not do much to change it. The last, and probably the biggest issue with mine was that there was a bright spot off to the lower right. I did not take notice of at first, but once it caught my attention I could not stop noticing it. Blacks were "ok", but in WWII Online, my night skies were purple-ish. That also irked me.

Overall, the w2408h was a good monitor, but IMO, not worth the $450+ price tag.

I pulled the trigger on the G2400WD. I saw the price on ncixus, but the price of every shipping option was outrageous. I ended up buying the product from BenQ itself, which provides free shipping from Fedex. It is estimated to arrive on Tuesday. I will give my thoughts and comments.

Interesting. For me it is the exact opposite. BenQ has high the shipping cost. I am from California and figured shipping would be pretty high, but NCIX's shipping is really low.

Where are you from?

I'd personally rather buy it from BenQ...I just trust buying from the manufacturer more (nothing against NCIX...I have never used them before.).

One of the resons I don't want to use BenQ though is according to their site they do not always use FedEx. UPS around here completely trashes things sent through them.:(

Interesting. For me it is the exact opposite. BenQ has high the shipping cost. I am from California and figured shipping would be pretty high, but NCIX's shipping is really low.

I'd personally rather buy it from BenQ...I just trust buying from the manufacturer more (nothing against NCIX...I have never used them before.).

One of the resons I don't want to use BenQ though is according to their site they do not always use FedEx. UPS around here completely trashes things sent through them.:(

The least expensive shipping option for me from ncixus is $30.59, a price at which I can opt for either CanadaPost Xpress USA or FedEx Express Saver USA. I guess that's not an outrageous shipping cost, but I feel more comfortable buying from the manufacturer, as you said, even if the product costs a little more overall. Again, the standard shipping cost from BenQ on the G2400WD was zero for me. The other options are second day and next day, both of which cost over $50.00. I'm sure standard shipping will be sufficient. As for the shipping cost being high for you, what is the cost of standard shipping? I figured the free shipping deal was nationwide.

Where are you from?
I'm from Connecticut.

Please both of you...do tell what you think of the monitor when it arrives.

Arklight, i know what your saying about the colors on the h2408w. That was my impression when i saw it in Circuit City two nights ago. But I thought that perhaps the colors weren't calibrated properly, being a display model and all.

A second hesitation i have with the h2408w is the glossy screen. I have never owned a glossy, but then again, my current 19'' Viewsonic A90f produces a slight glare when sunlight hits it. So I am not sure how big of an issue that might (or might not) be. The larger concern, however, is the color saturation you speak of.

I'm interested in your opinion of the G2400WD's color.

I also meant to mention that I live in Arkansas and an order from BenQ would ship free to me, too.

Well, the monitor arrived today. It's a lot bigger than I expected; I'm glad I upgraded from my 20" LCD. I've done some PC gaming and I have noticed no ghosting at all. The colors right out of the box seem very crisp and accurate to me. There was some back-light issues at first but after I let it burn in for a few hours it started looking better.

Only problem is a blue stuck pixel, but it's quite dim after running jscreenfix and it was only really noticeable on a black background to begin with. When I hook up a PS3 I'll give my thoughts as well. I'll also post a picture of the setup in the coming days.

I'm overall very satisfied thus far. :)

Today I hooked up my new PS3 to the monitor using an HDMI cable from monoprice. I really like the fact that this monitor supports 1:1 pixel mapping, and also how it has an aspect display mode option, which so far I prefer for 720p content. I'm currently using a pair of MDR-V150 (cheap) headphones plugged into the jack on the monitor, through which the sound quality still sounds great. The Shawshank Redemption in 1080p is amazing. :)

The stuck blue pixel I mentioned yesterday is extremely dim at this point and barely noticeable even on a black background; I guess the monitor just needed time to burn in.

Overall, I would highly recommend this monitor. I'll have some photos of my setup posted in the LCD setup thread in a bit.

Ordering from BenQ for me is $44 for Standard Shipping. $58 for 2nd Day.

$44 for Standard Shipping...........wtf. lol

Ack......

Yeah same here. I am probably going to order this one tonight. Now i'm wishing I had taken advantage of that free shipping. Although.....it is close to Christmas and the free shipping promo could come around again on or before then.....

I don't have a G2400WD but I got my V2400W from BenQ 2-3 months ago. I got it from BenQ also because I believe buying directly from manufacturer would be more secured than getting from some where else. I live in Virginia and BenQ dilivered it to me in 3 business days. The monitor was double packaged and I am very pleased with both the monitor and service in overall. If G2400WD is anything similar to VG2400W (same panel & similar specs that's what I heard) you will not regret.

Back