Are there any graphic mods for System Shock 2

rcf1987

2[H]4U
I was in a pawn shop lookin for hidden treasure and saw SS2 in there for 3$. So I heard it was good and was wondering is there any graphic mods for SS2 like oldunreal for Unreal

Theres a high res texture pack available online, not sure if the above link is it.

(lazymode tonight lol)

I highly recommend using SHTUP (the texture upgrade,) but not the model pack (Rebirth.) Reason being, is that while the models are very limited (low poly,) they somehow add to the atmosphere and immersion in a surreal way. The new models look great, (with a few exceptions,) but the added detail emphasizes how few variations there are. For me, it kinda detracts from the immersion this way.

The texture pack simply upgrades textures (especially text labels, computer displays, and other things that were much less readable before.) With this installed, the game actually looks pretty nice. If you can get past the low poly character models, everything else is modelled pretty well.

There are quite a few tips, extra mission mods, and tweaks to be found at http://www.ttlg.com in the System Shock forums. There is also a lot of help there for getting it running if you're having trouble on a newer system.

Ya I just installed both the rebirth mod and the texture pack and I think they both look good

Any mods out there for the animations?

Some of the ones they lifted straight out of Thief really bothered me... The "searching" animation looked dodgy enough in the first place, and when you see a zombie doing it, seemingly under the impression that he's holding a sword, it kind of breaks the immersion...

Back