Are there any good SSD drives 64GB or lower for under $200?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure what to get, I do not install much, my windows 7 64bit install right now is only 35GB and I doubt i will ever hit 50GB as i dont game anymore.

Thanks

Anandtech really liked the OCZ Vertex 60GB drive in their SSD reviews. Microcenter had them for $180 a few weeks ago IIRC, but they are about $210 now.

Last edited:
No, there are 30gb OCZ drives, but the next smallest (cheapest) size is the 60/64gb drives. Any of the Indilinx drives are good for your price point. If you don't feel like determing which drives use that controller, then stick with the OCZ Vertex and Agility, for now.

Keep your eyes on the news feeds (new hardware) for the next day or two, I think you'll find what you're looking for...

OCZ SSDs go on sale all the time, especially the Vertex series. Too bad the rebate takes forever. I picked up an OCZ Summit a while back for $130 CAD shipped.

At $84, that comes out to be $2.1/gig

Kingston 40g = 2.1/gig
Agility 60g = 3.5/gig
Intel X25-MG2 80g = 3.75/gig

Looks like kingston have the best $/g at the cost of write speeds. Those look pretty terrible, but I dont know how much that affects things.

This might be a good buy for 2 (or 3) in raid 0. I wish they tested raid setups, $170 for 80gigs or $255 for 120gigs doesnt seem too bad

At $84, that comes out to be $2.1/gig

Kingston 40g = 2.1/gig
Agility 60g = 3.5/gig
Intel X25-MG2 80g = 3.75/gig

Looks like kingston have the best $/g at the cost of write speeds. Those look pretty terrible, but I dont know how much that affects things.

This might be a good buy for 2 (or 3) in raid 0. I wish they tested raid setups, $170 for 80gigs or $255 for 120gigs doesnt seem too bad

Theres only 3 drives you should be buying right now

Vertex
Agility
X25-M G2

Thats it, there is nothing else that comes close to those 3 as far as i know(in this price range of course)

If your Windows install hit 35GB I'd personally avoid the Kingston. The anandtech article suggested having at least 20% free space to avoid a performance hit.

I just received my first SSD yesterday, I ordered the 60GB Agility, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Got it for $187.99 shipped before the rebate.

Back