Are there any good proxies ?

J32P2006

Gawd
I was wondering if anybody knows and uses any fast anonymous proxies from an above par proxy site.

Most of the time i don't use proxies secondly because I don't need them, but mainly because all the ones that I've used are waay to slow.

And can someone tell me why one minute a proxy will work and an hour later the proxy is dead ?

Thanks for your time,
J32P2006

J32P2006 said:
Most of the time i don't use proxies secondly because I don't need them, but mainly because all the ones that I've used are waay to slow.

I can't help with your primary question but I wanted to add something here...

I don't use anonymous proxies because I have no way to verify that they are (lacking the ability to produce a court order just for fun).

This one is kinda hard to answer. People generally don't voluntarily put up high-speed anonymous proxy servers for use by the general internet population, so anything you find will be a result of a dumbass misconfiguring his system or something. Additionally, don't you think that if someone knew a good, anonymous, fast proxy, that he would keep it to himself? If he shared it with everyone then it would just be slow for everyone. So it's kinda hard to answer that question. And the reason why proxies die is most likely due to excessive usage. Once an open proxy hits the sites and people start using it, it probably overloads the poor sap's connection and shuts him down. Or he figured out what was happening and closed his proxy like he should have in the first place.

Additionally, don't you think that if someone knew a good, anonymous, fast proxy, that he would keep it to himself?

Yes I do and would if in the same position.

I kinda figured this question wouldn't get answered, I was trying to be optimistic though.

I will find a great site for them sooner or later, hopefully sooner rather then later.

By the way, I have a big list of proxy sites. They just all suck when it comes to finding an available and fast anonymous one. I might just have to go with paying for them in the future.

The only reason I see me needing them is for extra security though. But hey, who needs security when your running windows. Me , I need all the fucking security i can get. So can someone in the know PM me with at least a decent site for proxies? Unless it's Stayinvisible.com, you can keep sites like that to yourself.

Back