Are there any good "fake" iphones?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
I have seen many of those cheap fake iphones and was wondering if there are any that are actually good.
I know i know I am a cheapo! :D

No. Just get a used iphone off ebay or craigslist -- if you wait until the next update you may be able to pick up a used 3gs.

No. I got one for $50 to mess around with because I was curious. I felt like I totally overspent. I don't even want to put it back on the Fleabay where I got it, because I'd be subjecting someone else to the torment of trying to get the damn thing to do what they want it to more than half the time.

I didn't know there was a such thing as a good "real" iPhone?
:)

Ehh, it's decent once it's jailbroken and has its functionality "restored" with the use of third-party apps. :p Stock iPhone... yeah, I concur.

Yeah, I have a Samsung Glide. Dunno if it counts, but its touchscreen isn't the best thing in the world. Have to restart it on occasion because the screen will foul up and registers me touching it at places where I'm not. Whatever fix for this that there is, my girlfriend needs it as well.

Pants, he's talking more about HiPhones and the like, not just a touchscreen device.

Why not get one with a broken screen off ebay and replace the glass yourself? It's not too hard if you're technologically inclined, and it's better than a bootleg phone.

I see now. I'm behind the times these days, but I was gimmicked into it because somebody erroneously referred to it as "smart". However, now that you mention it, entropism, replacement shouldn't be that hard.

No no, Pants, I was referring to Shaolin's need of an iPhone.

Pants, this one is for you: do NOT touch your phone, bring it back to Verizon and show them the problem, they *should* replace the entire phone for you.

ahahaha no there aren't
if you want a fake iphone seriously go check out china and their fake malls, where they got fake everything

My girlfriends dad bought the i68+ and I had to help him set up the mms on it. He asks me when I took the phone from him is it similar and I said kind of. Then I tried using it and it was complete shit. Resolution was horrible, couldnt type on the screen unless I used the stylus, just absolute shit. I mean sometimes replicas are not that bad but this was just plain awful. Of coarse I didnt say anything to him but I guess he is happy with it. I would hate to see what he would think if he tried my iphone out for a day lol :p

My girlfriends dad bought the i68+ and I had to help him set up the mms on it. He asks me when I took the phone from him is it similar and I said kind of. Then I tried using it and it was complete shit. Resolution was horrible, couldnt type on the screen unless I used the stylus, just absolute shit. I mean sometimes replicas are not that bad but this was just plain awful. Of coarse I didnt say anything to him but I guess he is happy with it. I would hate to see what he would think if he tried my iphone out for a day lol :p

I still have Sciphone i68+ bought of Ebay and when I first got it, I though it was the coolest things until I bought a real iphone. i68+ is scrap compared to the real iphone.

theres a new i9 making its rounds over here @ work. Its amazing no one has thrown the pos against a wall out of pure frustration yet. lol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Just found out that yesterday the screen on the phone broke, lol

Ehh, it's decent once it's jailbroken and has its functionality "restored" with the use of third-party apps. :p Stock iPhone... yeah, I concur.
What functionality do you need restored?

If you say multitasking, give a few examples of where it's really needed. Thanks. I'm just curious, because I'll be getting one soon.

I bought i9+++ ie i68 which is an iphone knockoff, total garbage. Horrible keyboard, can't landscape, no decent apps, no wifi, no data and on edge it didn't even work. Worst decision ever, got me mytouch 3g to replace it, night and day.

Not even that, I've seen video reviews of the i68s and others on youtube, a co worker just got the knockoff storm, and they all run the same OS, just the gui is different. Omg typing forget about it! forget sms and anything that requires typing when you get those phones.
It sucks. You could even get a 2G iphone from ebay or craigslist for like $150 easy, just keep looking around.

What functionality do you need restored?

If you say multitasking, give a few examples of where it's really needed. Thanks. I'm just curious, because I'll be getting one soon.

This is just in my usage, and I'd call it more of a convenience than a "need," but when I'm app-shopping/downloading, being able to multitask allows me to go back to the App Store as I left it after being kicked to the Springboard as a part of the download/installation process, rather than having to reopen the App Store and start from the beginning. Other instances include being able to leave instant-messaging clients on indefinitely while performing other functions, easily switch from one open app to another without going back to the Springboard, and keep data I'm still entering saved should I need to access another app (otherwise the data would be wiped because I exited the app).

Aside from multitasking, there's memory management, and this almost completely negates the need to restart the iPhone because it's gotten "slow." Some of the stock apps like Safari and iPod have multitasking built in, and this keeps them running in the background and using up memory despite the fact that I'm not using them anymore. On a stock iPhone, there's no way (that I know of, at least) to actually quit these apps aside from restarting the entire device. I can also see how much memory the iPhone is currently using from the Springboard and from almost any app that shows the bar at the top, and lets me know when I might need to close a few running apps, or when the program I'm currently using might crash out. :p

All of these are just for my convenience, so I wouldn't call them "needs"... more like nice functions to have again, coming from a Windows Mobile user that's accustomed to them in his previous phones.

This is just in my usage, and I'd call it more of a convenience than a "need," but when I'm app-shopping/downloading, being able to multitask allows me to go back to the App Store as I left it after being kicked to the Springboard as a part of the download/installation process, rather than having to reopen the App Store and start from the beginning. Other instances include being able to leave instant-messaging clients on indefinitely while performing other functions, easily switch from one open app to another without going back to the Springboard, and keep data I'm still entering saved should I need to access another app (otherwise the data would be wiped because I exited the app).

Aside from multitasking, there's memory management, and this almost completely negates the need to restart the iPhone because it's gotten "slow." Some of the stock apps like Safari and iPod have multitasking built in, and this keeps them running in the background and using up memory despite the fact that I'm not using them anymore. On a stock iPhone, there's no way (that I know of, at least) to actually quit these apps aside from restarting the entire device. I can also see how much memory the iPhone is currently using from the Springboard and from almost any app that shows the bar at the top, and lets me know when I might need to close a few running apps, or when the program I'm currently using might crash out. :p

All of these are just for my convenience, so I wouldn't call them "needs"... more like nice functions to have again, coming from a Windows Mobile user that's accustomed to them in his previous phones.

Sounds like you need an Android phone :)

Not sure what your talking about here since my stock iphone 3gs does all this. After an app downloads it takes me right back to where I left off in the store and if I'm texting and have to look something up I can close it and check out what I need and come right back to the text as I left it.

With over 6 pages of apps and some I use throughout the day I actually have had to restart my iphone once in the last 2 or 3 months of using it. Compared to the multiple times a day I had to restart my storm and tour this is heaven. Up until now I never knew it even had slowdown problems until you just mentioned it.

Not sure what your talking about here since my stock iphone 3gs does all this. After an app downloads it takes me right back to where I left off in the store and if I'm texting and have to look something up I can close it and check out what I need and come right back to the text as I left it.
Agreed.

Not having multitasking actually brings a benefit with it too. You don't have to worry/think about whether or not you have any apps running in the background (i.e. if you want to close them before putting the phone away). You always know whatever you see is all that's running.

Just sayin'. :) I'm not saying true multitasking is completely useless, just that it also has downsides (other than worse battery life).

With over 6 pages of apps and some I use throughout the day I actually have had to restart my iphone once in the last 2 or 3 months of using it. Compared to the multiple times a day I had to restart my storm and tour this is heaven. Up until now I never knew it even had slowdown problems until you just mentioned it.

The 3GS is kind of a different animal. Its faster CPU and double the memory of the 3G gives it more resources to play around with, so slow-downs and crashes are (or better be) seldom. On a 3G, having apps with built-in multi-tasking like Safari, iPod, and Mail staying on and draining memory even though they're "closed" is kind of a bigger deal, as it slows down the device (sometimes quite significantly) and increases the chances for other apps or even the device as a whole to crash.

As for the App Store remembering your position, this wasn't always the case (or maybe only my App Store app was forgetful of me :(). I dreaded the number of times I had to re-browse the app categories to get back to where I was before the App Store closed to download/install an app. The only difference now is that the App Store has to reload my last position if I didn't make it run in the background, versus what's like maximizing a minimized window if I did.

Lastly, not all apps retain text being entered. And when I say "text," I don't mean just SMS.

Agreed.

Not having multitasking actually brings a benefit with it too. You don't have to worry/think about whether or not you have any apps running in the background (i.e. if you want to close them before putting the phone away). You always know whatever you see is all that's running.

Just sayin'. :) I'm not saying true multitasking is completely useless, just that it also has downsides (other than worse battery life).

I understand and agree with what you're saying, but that's just the thing: apps like the ones I mentioned stay on in the background even though you don't see them anymore. Closing such apps is what I use the task/process manager for most of the time, actually.

As for worrying/thinking about whether I have any (other) apps running in the background as a result of multi-tasking, apps only stay running if you specifically set them to stay running. Running apps are shown on a list (the aforementioned task/process manager) and can be closed from there, so it's not like you'd have to blindly sift through several pages of apps to check to see which ones are still running and close them manually.

I'm not saying multi-tasking is for everyone or maybe even necessary for most, but it's a nice option to have, especially when most other smartphones have it by default. Aw hell, I'm sure we'll all be singing Apple's praises if/when they eventually and officially implement it anyway, so what are we fussing about? ;)

I know it's pretty much all we've talked about, but multi-tasking's not the only thing jailbreaking has to offer. There are tons of functionalities that can be added, tweaks that can be made, themes that can be applied, etc. etc. It opens a floodgate of options -- it's up to you to decide whether you want or need any of them.

[RIP]Zeus;1035144089 said:
Get a touch pro 2 and put the iphone interface on it..

Better phone in everyway than an iphone:D

I had the Mogul before i just got my TP2... and holy shit WOW!!! TP2 is by far the best.. even with WM6.1 which you can remove by unlocking the TP2, and cook your own rom if you so wish to do so.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com
http://www.xda-developers.com/
http://forum.smartphonejunkie.com/forum.php
http://www.ppckitchen.org/

I'll consider going back to WinMo Land once WinMo 7 comes out and HTC quits sticking their phones with non-Snapdragon crap from Qualcomm. :D Remember that whole HTC Class Action thing? I only learned about that after I got an AT&T Tilt, and man... that wasn't cool.

Lol stockholm syndrome. (kidding)

Sometimes I wonder if that's how Linux users see Windows users. :p

Last edited:
yup their are good fake iphones all u isnt get is good cam
motions gaming and some other thing and quality but realy i just got one for time pass as touch mobs are useless as typing is slow
so just took that for small time
its good

Back