Are stats servers down?

I got a bit of a flat line going...but we had company last night were fooling with google earth on the big display for hours "oooooh, look at that"

tends to kick the client in the balls so I'm not sure

I'm very curious to know how chilled water ties into all of this, is it like a huge water cooled setup? Seems a bit over the top, any ideas?

Huh, learn something every day. Guess I've never seen a farm large enough, all the larger clusters I've seen are simply cooled by a metric shit ton of normal AC units. Guess I need to go bigger than Army to see such things lol, but then again, chilled water towers are hard to come by in Iraq/Afghanistan/Kuwait lol

Chilled water systems pump the water through air handling units that blow cold air in to the space.

Heck WATER is tough to come by there...

There was a comedian that went to a water park with his family and made the sharp contrast between regions of the world dying of thirst and in the U.S. we're playing in it. It was funny, but also made a good point.
God bless America and the Great Lakes.
And Thank YOU gentlemen for your service to our country.

So the chilled water unit is just one massive AC rig then, for all intensive purposes

makes sense lol, probly more efficent than having an AC unit in every window of the room lol

Geeze, and just in time for me to come back and see not a whole lot of stats for my username, ugh!

ugh is right, this is starting to take long enough that I am concerned that it will take them some time to sort out the mess

EPIC points spike lol, this oughta make for some nice 1 day values lol, get your screen caps ready lol

Great...the points server went down just in time for me to not see how adding one more single-core client and the GPU into the mix affect my points.

EPIC points spike lol, this oughta make for some nice 1 day values lol, get your screen caps ready lol

Except on these outages that have lasted several days I've lost a day's accounting for units before. They haven't updated the blog in three days so I'm shutting down the Folding and saving the electricity costs until they get their stuff fixed. No use in wasting the money.

heres an update from the folding forum
I believe Nathan P made it

If you are wondering where your points are, there was a major server outage at Stanford over the weekend and the stats (points) server is still down.

Points should be credited and be visible on your stats site of choice as soon as the server is back up and running. Given that it has been a couple of days now i can only assume that the problem with the stats server is serious.

Please do not post asking where credit for a WU is as the mods will not be able to tell you.

Should you still fold - yes, the work servers are fine and they will upload all point data to the stats server once it is fixed.

Once the server is back up and running it may take some time for stats to fully update as there will be a lot of data to process.

Please be patient and fold on!!

Are we Folding for points or for the cause? Points are just a number off a computer. The research from the WUs we send in is the true prize.
Who has checked what they were folding for lately (Project description)?

Yes, stats are fun. I use them the past week (after I started to fold 24/7) to make sure the computer is still running. Seems there is nothing that made the stats from last night and I know it finished a few over night and this morning. I will see how the energy bill is and decide if I can keep folding like this.

Are we Folding for points or for the cause?

If the units end up in some servers bit bucket, you're Folding just to burn extra electricity. The project won't end just because I give my Folding machines a rest while their servers are "resting" They usually end up accounting for them, but like I said before there's also been outages that lasted several days and things just didn't get accounted for.

The results are being received normally.

by kasson » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks for your posts. Points are still being recorded and credited; it appears that one of the databases where they're stored for display has been down since the outage. I sent email to help move this along.

Stats have been switched on and are updating at stanford now, EOC etc should be up later when they catch the updates.

Might be a good idea not to pound standford servers to check your stats - they have 3 days of points to add up

After 3 days of stat server not getting updated and running folding 24/7, my Total WU's were now increased by just "1" unit. Hopefully the rest get calculated and accounted for.

After 3 days of stat server not getting updated and running folding 24/7, my Total WU's were now increased by just "1" unit. Hopefully the rest get calculated and accounted for.

Vijay has posted on his news feed that it will take a while for all stats to be updated

Do you have any points yet?

As of the last update, I noticed people on my threat list. THEY got some points, but I did not. Weird.

I'm going to look for some aluminum foil. I lost my tinfoil and aluminum will have to do.

As of the last update, I noticed people on my threat list. THEY got some points, but I did not. Weird.

I'm going to look for some aluminum foil. I lost my tinfoil and aluminum will have to do.

Aluminum is a suitable substitute. You should not see any reduced performance from switching from tin foil to aluminum foil.

I am missing points from two 6903's that uploaded on Saturday.

I'm not sure the points are updating properly. My updates as shown by extremeoverclocking are weird. I've got one update for 6 WU's equaling 2200 points yet I fold SMP on a 2600K and GPU3 on 460's. The 2600K turns in 5k-7k per WU and the 460's are 5187 / WU...

Newer submitted WUs are getting processed ahead of the backlogged ones. It will most likely be a couple of days until everything is caught up. When the stat servers where brought back online, there was like 150000+ WUs needing to be processed.

If you look at the stats currently being reported by team, they are half of the normal output. It seems to me that they are not catching up on stats, they are falling further behind.
Would you guys pass the foil down my way when you are finished with it and did anybody else notice that the Kool-Aid they keep feeding us tastes funny lately?

/edit Nevermind. Eight updates daily, not four. Sets down Kool-aid and stumbles away...

Last edited:
Back