Are power toys worth it?

yes, at least some of them. TweakUI is a virtual must, the others are really only an as-needed basis.

The only ones I use regularly is the Image Resizer and Tweak UI. With the picture resizer you can scale an image or multiple images down to either 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, or 240x320 with a couple clicks. Very nice!.
And Tweak UI hase some pretty cool features, the best being removing "Shortcut to" from all your shortcuts, god I fucking hate that about Windows.

I love TweakUI, I wish that Windows had these settings much easier to configure without having to install PowerToys, without me wading through the Registry or sifting through google.

I tried virtual desktops powertoy, but found that they weren't as good in practice as they are in Linux, because I haven't figured out how to do desktop scrolling with my mouse wheel in Windows, nor how to send windows to a different desktop.

I like the task switcher, and the command window here one is handy sometimes. The CD slideshow and image resizer are nice enough, and the timer shot may become handy at a later date for me. The virtual desktop one, however, still needs some polishing, and it needs to be able to mix with themes better (won't work at all with the uxtheme.dll patch or StyleXP). The power calc is great, though I have little use for the increased features.

All in all, the power toys are pretty damn cool.

the open commadn window here toy is my most used one. very handy

short answer no.

long answer, if you don't know what your doing, you'll be hard put to make it right when you screw it up.

solution:
learn how to do it long hand, save the technique in a text pad. look 1337 to all your friends.
or alternatively, tidy up the text pad, and sell it, as a 100 things you need to know about windows, but they wouldn't tell you! (or some equally 'must have title'.)

I had the Alt+Tab enhancer installed in and it completly messed my gaming up by giving me error messages. I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal.

Back