Are new LED alot less hot than holder LCD TV's?

Ladic

[H]ard|Gawd
So here is my Deal, I have an old 2007ish Sony 46V2500

Amazon.com: Sony Bravia V-Series KDL-46V2500 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV: Electronics

which gets really hot and makes my kinda hot room even hotter.
I was at target today and I touched one of their New Vizio UHD that they had on display and was turned on. When i touched it, the TV felt cold, and didn't feel at all heating the same type of heat as my older tv, and this was a 60 inch model which is even bigger than my current tv.
Would it be a good idea to update my TV to one of the new UHD to help cool down my room?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you had an RGB LED lit TV or white lit LED TV that was "full array" where the LEDs were spread across the whole panel, and you're going to a newer edge lit LED TV, yes, the heat will be greatly reduced. Sadly, there's a good chance that so will the contrast and color quality.

That said, Target is a huge warehouse like space, with really intense HVAC. Their system can wick away heat that yours could never hope to. This isn't an apples to apples situation.

Not surprising. The 46V2500 uses a CCFL backlight, specs place it at ~250w power consumption. A modern 60" LED backlit TV will draw 100w at max.

Back