• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Are my voltages ok?

Fenix793

Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2003
Messages
664
I just installed MBM5 and I was taking a look at my voltages. I just wanted to make sure that these are ok.

+3.3: 3.26V
+5: 4.94V
+12: 12.08

CPU is at 1.36V.

Do all these check out? I have a Neopower 480W.

Thanks
 
Fenix793 said:
I just installed MBM5 and I was taking a look at my voltages. I just wanted to make sure that these are ok.

+3.3: 3.26V
+5: 4.94V
+12: 12.08

CPU is at 1.36V.

Do all these check out? I have a Neopower 480W.

Thanks

As the poster above says yes they are in spec...however MBM and all software/BIOS readings are notoriously innacurate. If you are really concerned or run into issues check your voltages with a multimeter.
 
i would not trust motherboard monitor... i used it and the reading from it and speedfan (which i use now) is totally different.

mbm5: +12 at 12.05
Speedfan: +12 at 11.75
 
Yea I just installed Speedfan and sure enough it reads 11.84V while MBM5 reads 12.14V. Both are within the +/- 3% spec for the Neopower so I'm hoping the actual lies somewhere in there.
 
Speedfan is a lot lower in my system too. In Asus Utilities it says 12.8v under Prime95 load and at the same time Speedfan says ~12.2v
 
Yep and these are the reasons folks why you don't use software to check voltages. :)
 
Hopefully MBM is wrong. Mine says:

+3.15V on the 3.3V rail
+2.69V on the 5V rail
+10.92V on the 12V rail

lol
 
DMM's are under $10 at Auto Zone, people. ;) This is a two post discussion:

Post 1. This software says my voltage say this and that.

Post 2. Dont trust ANY software for voltages. Get a DMM and stick the probes into an available drive molex or AUX connector.

EOT.

Seriously... All software is going to give you a different reading and all software is going to be wrong.
 
jonnyGURU said:
DMM's are under $10 at Auto Zone, people. ;) This is a two post discussion:

Post 1. This software says my voltage say this and that.

Post 2. Dont trust ANY software for voltages. Get a DMM and stick the probes into an available drive molex or AUX connector.

EOT.

Seriously... All software is going to give you a different reading and all software is going to be wrong.
I 100% agree! :D
 
MetalX said:
Speedfan is a lot lower in my system too. In Asus Utilities it says 12.8v under Prime95 load and at the same time Speedfan says ~12.2v

I bought a multimeter and it turns out Asus Utilities was right. It hits 12.9v under Prime95 load, this thing has got to go.
 
What kind of Asus board do you have, though? An A7N8X? And what power supply?
 
That A7N8X board powers the CPU from the +5v rail so keep that in mind when shopping for a PSU.
Probably why jonnyGURU was asking.

That Seasonic should serve you well actually. :)
 
MetalX said:
Yeah, my specs are in this thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=949229
This is the PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153006

What exactly am I using that's on the 12v rail? I'll have the Seasonic ordered this Monday so I'm stuck with this one for a week and a half.
RMA the TT, if it is still under warranty.

Which Seasonic did you order?
You do NOT want dual +12V rails with a mobo that powers the CPU from the +5V rail,
as one of the +12V rails will be wasted & cross-loading problems are likwly to occur.

EDIT:

Would someone please confirm that this mobo uses the +5V to power the CPU. Site down.
 
davidhammock200 said:
EDIT:

Would someone please confirm that this mobo uses the +5V to power the CPU. Site down.

Trust me. It does.

The A7N8X is the MOST HORRIBLE board when it comes to crossloading and poor voltage regulation. If you use a dual 12V rail PSU, it fails. If you use a PSU with a high 12V rail, it fails. Yet people keep throwing power supplies at them expecting the symptoms to change. PEOPLE: It's the board. Get rid of the board. I've NEVER had an A7N8X NOT make the 12V rail go up to something like 14V and the 5V and 3.3V dive down to 4V and 3V. It's sick.

Want an nForce2 Ultra 400 board that doesn't have bad regulation? Get a Biostar, Giga-Byte or Epox. Want one that doesn't put your power supply through crossload hell, get an MSI.
 
Back
Top