Are my SSD's bricked?

mrwill

Limp Gawd
I have 4 SSD's that seemed to have all failed at once. They are Corsair Performance Pro 128GB, and I had them all in Raid0 as the boot drive.
I can take three of them and format them individually into NTFS using Parted Magic. Then when I reboot my computer and insert the drives, the system locks up and needs to be rebooted. I am using an eSATA external dock (it works great with everything else).
The fourth drive has problems in Parted Magic. It says "no partition table" and to click on Device, then create partition table. When I do that PM tells me there is an I/O error and I cannot even do anything to it using PM.
1) Are these bricked?
2) Why can I format in PM and then not work in Win7-64?
3) Can I repair the one that needs a partition table?

BTW - I replaced the four SSD's with one Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD.

I have 4 SSD's that seemed to have all failed at once. They are Corsair Performance Pro 128GB, and I had them all in Raid0 as the boot drive.
I can take three of them and format them individually into NTFS using Parted Magic. Then when I reboot my computer and insert the drives,

Are you inserting only the 3 that work or all 4? If you are using all 4 Corsair Performance Pro 128GB drives I suspect the 4th drive is bad and that is preventing the boot.

Have you tried removing the dock and connecting the drives directly to the motherboard SATA ports?

I can take three of them and format them individually into NTFS using Parted Magic.

Did you hotswap them in for this step? I am confused why you did not get a lockup at post in this case. Or is the lockup while windows is booting? Perhaps the raid header is still there and the raid driver is trying to assemble the raid.

To clear that out I would try secure erasing one of the SSDs.

The lockup occurs after I have booted into windows. I insert the SSD into the external dock, the turn the switch on (Windows is already running). That is when it locks up.

I will try to SE the drive - haven't tried that yet.
Also will try the toolbox.

Back