Are my speakers busted?

Tuvok

Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2003
Messages
557
OK, I just got the Logitech z2200 yesterday and I notice that the highs (treble) coming from one side of the speakers is noticably louder than the other? Is there something wrong or do I have to break into the speakers for awhile first? I've only been listening to them for around 2hrs. The difference in the highs between the 2 speakers are noticeable only if I pay attention to the sound. Please give me some input. Thanks guys.

PS: Could it be that the tweeter on one of my speakers are busted? And yes these speakers do have tweeters; they're the silver polished looking cone. The woofer is where the black part and they aren't connected to one another.
 
There are no tweeters on those - they're single driver speakers.. Unless their own owners manual is lying "Satellites: 3-inch phase plug driver "..
Anyway, I would break them in some more - then go about tweaking the L/R and treble levels etc, 'til you find something acceptable.
 
Yes, there is only one 3" driver, but the woofer itself is made of two separate pieces; the silver phase plug is the part that produces the highs, while the rest of the speaker produces the mids.

How do I go about adjusting the left/right treble volume? I'm using it with an Audigy 2.
 
I would use the speakers for a few days to give them a chance to break in... if they still aren't "balanced" after that I would return them.
 
My speakers are finally working properly now that'd they've had a chance to break in. The highs sound extremely clear on both sides now. I'm so happy with the Z2200s. :)
 
Huh? I wasn't aware that phase plugs created sound at all. I thought they were just use to deflect sound and act a good heatsink for the driver.
 
Back
Top