Are MSDNAA licenses transferable?

I'm looking to build a new gaming pc (thread here). I have Windows 7 Pro through MSDNAA loaded on my laptop. I would like to transfer the license from my laptop to my future desktop and revert my laptop to OEM Win7 Premium (which I have a disk+license key for). Is this possible or will I need to buy another license? I'm still in school if that makes a difference.

MSDNAA licensees are retail, so you can reactive it on the new machine without any issues.

Good to know, thanks! Anything special I need to do to deactivate it, or do I just clean install over it with my OEM Premium?

nothing special.
unless, of course, it for some reason doesn't want to activate then just need to call the 800 number that gets provided

MSDNAA licensees are retail, so you can reactive it on the new machine without any issues.

nothing special.
unless, of course, it for some reason doesn't want to activate then just need to call the 800 number that gets provided

This isn't always true. For my school MSDNAA licenses are one time use only, as in you can't even reinstall it on the same pc, its one time use license after that it wont activate.

This isn't always true. For my school MSDNAA licenses are one time use only, as in you can't even reinstall it on the same pc, its one time use license after that it wont activate.

I go to Northeastern in Boston if that helps

Back