Are LG Computer Monitors Good?

kage

n00b
Yesterday I went to Best Buy to look at 20" widescreen computer monitors. The LG W2061TQ-PF caught my eye over the Samsung 2033SW and Dell S2009W. I'm wondering if the LG W2061TQ-PF is a good monitor and if LG makes good monitors?

LG's are excellent a lot of their panels are used in Dell. I myself have a W3000H 30".

As an average user that isn't very critical of many issues commonly associated w/ LCD technology, I'd say LG makes excellent monitors. I myself own 5 LG displays and have been a happy customer.

Even LG's TN panels are good. I used one for about 2-3 years and it never disappointed.

My old LG monitor has no backlight bleeding or any issues whatsoever, does pretty well for a 5-year-old TN panel

certainly a reputable brand, but looking at monitors at best buy means nothing. the settings might be drastically different, the lighting around the monitors may be different if theyre far apart, and theyre probably over-priced.

How come there's no popular LG 24"+ monitors? Even though other brands use LG panels.

I just got a LG monitor from best buy and watched a short movie/ show and it look absolutly awesome.
but when I play a game the colors were washed out and dull. so I returned it and got a samsung and it looks alot better in games. I think I just got a bad one(LG), but LG sure looked real good while computing text was clear and sharp too.

Back