• Yes

Votes: 102 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 39.2%
  • I stopped buying new games.

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters
bigwilliestyle711 said:
in that sense, then there is no point for next generation consoles/ video cards. Just keep video games at their current state and make them more focused on gameplay...

is that what you are trying to say

Not at all. Pretty is very nice. But when you have a brand new game and all you can talk about is how you are finally able to show body hair and don't mention gameplay at all... Maybe you need to be making CG movies and not games.

I like good graphics.
As long as they don't look like polygonal freaks of nature.
No offense to FF7, that's an exception
But my standards for graphics will constantly evolve.
And Super Mario 64 is pretty horrid looking.
What they need is a good mix.
I think music is worth 50% of a game's weight.
I can stare at pixely nintendo sprites all day if the music is good with a captivating story.
But one with good graphics would be even better.
Music is the easiest and quickest way for developers to make immersive games.
You get a good composer, record some nice tracks, and put it in the proper places in the game.
A cinch in comparison to having a team of 100 people making CGI movies and taking 4 years to create all the models and textures so you can googly eye for about an hour, play for about 5, and then stop playing because you've beat it already.

God damn Shadow of the Colossus is the best game in the world!
Landscapes so pretty. Pseudo-HDR is implemented so well. Take that Oblivion!
Music is godly. I would pay the game's price for the music cd.
I think it is the music more than anything that keeps me coming back. And killing the same rocks. And some more rocks.
Music is soooo captivating...

The only good Final Fantasy soundtrack is FF7. Best midi's ever! I think Nobuo has had only a few spurts of ingenuity and then he's just leeching off of them and his mind is putty now. All the other games have really bland rehashes of his older music which itself is pretty bland. I can compose random piano sonatas too. Ever heard of chance music? I'm rollin' for lucky 7s :D

Oops sorry I got off topic. Pine-sol is making me high. In other words:

Top priorities:
Gameplay
Story (if any)
Music

Somewhere a little lower:
Graphics

Misc:
Bugfreeee

Heh I am stating the obvious. :eek: :eek: Please don't hurt me.

I think they CAN (like in Doom 3, which was a horrible game) but they don't have to.
I think nostalgia is one of those things that gamers get bitten by. I remember playing a TON of old games that I once though were the greatest possible. After 8-9 years and going back, a lot of them were only that great compared to the other games they came out with.
I can think of 4-5 of the best games I've ever played that have come out in the last 2 years. GTA: San Andreas, Resident Evil 4, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and Mario Kart DS are all AMAZING games that had great graphics. They don't all have the *best* graphics, but they're all solid.
As long as game makers use graphics to help and not replace gameplay...we'll be fine.
I think companies like id that make engines first and games second are the ones that are hurting things. At the same time, their engines have made some of the best games ever. I'd just like to see them scrap making games and only make engines for other game-focused designers to use.

aer you kidding? i think super mario 64 still looks awesome to this day. no, there is no super detail...but common. everything about that game is perfect. the graphics fit the game very well. what if mario looked like a real person? that woudl ruin some of the fun.

Back