• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Are creative Headphones good?

its a pretty new product I doubt many people have it themselves. I see its already down from 99 retail.
 
Ive have a pair of their noise isolation in-ears and they have works great for me.
 
Any Creative product that I've encountered has performed well. However, these are extremely consumer level products, so dont expect the best performance possible, probably just better than the average generic stuff. Unless you go to pro level gear, Creative is one of the more reliable manufacturers for this type of gaming headphone with built in mic.
 
Going out on a limb here and saying that there are probably much better headphones out there that you can add a Zalman clip-on mic to for the same price. Even if you spend little more for the headphones, the stop up in quality would probably be exponential.

I have a hard time believe a Creative product with "faal1ty" branding could sound good.
 
I just got a pair of these tossed in at 30 bucks off as a combo deal from newegg as I ordered a sound card. I don't know that I would pay $70 for them but for $40 as part of a combo I am willing to give them a shot.

Link to combo.
 
To reflect your question into more [H]'s terms: Does Abit or Biostar make good mobo's?

Objectively, you could say, they make decent mobo's for a decent price.

The REAL question is would you BUY these mobos if you could help it? No.

Same deal with Creative products.
 
To reflect your question into more [H]'s terms: Does Abit or Biostar make good mobo's?

Objectively, you could say, they make decent mobo's for a decent price.

The REAL question is would you BUY these mobos if you could help it? No.

Same deal with Creative products.


The difference is that Abit used to make kick ass motherboards. Actually, I guess Creative used to make kick ass sound cards too. So good analogy.
 
creative labs headsets are generally plagued with build quality issues. in other words- they break a lot. sound is better than most 'gaming' headsets but still behind headphones of the same price.
 
Fatal1ty headsets and mice are especially plagued with build quality issues, which is a shame, because the mice are one of the very, very few designed out there to fit claw grip or jedi grip gamers (the other being the G9, which I use).

The only reason the Fatal1ty Xtremegamer sound card is pretty good (aside from the price) is because it's just a normal Xi-fi card with an EMI shroud over it for extra bling and extra $$$.

But yes, I would stay away from Creative headsets. If you MUST have a headset for that price range, I would much rather have something like the Sennheiser PC156.
 
Back
Top