• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Are Apple LCD's for gamers

spinisr

Weaksauce
Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
66
Resolutions

* 1680 by 1050 pixels (optimum resolution)
* 1280 by 800 pixels
* 1024 by 640 pixels

Display colors (maximum)

* 16.7 million

Viewing angle (typical)

* 170* horizontal; 170* vertical

Brightness (typical)

* 20-inch Cinema Display: 250 cd/m2

Contrast ratio (typical)

* 400:1

Response time (typical)

* 16 ms

Contrast ratio (typical)

* 400:1

Pixel pitch

* 20-inch Cinema Display: 0.258 mm

I can get it for about $700
Do you guys think this is a good monitor for gaming, i read the reviews and they claim 16ms is "lighting fast" and doesnt ghost. Also..is that contrast ratio good? Wouldnt you want it a little higher?
If this monitor isnt really up to par for gaming is there anything else you could recommend to me that is 20 inches and wide. less than or equal to $700
 
Take a look at the gateway FPD2185W. It's wide, better specs, and is also HDCP compliant.
 
I had one and gamed on it quite a bit. I was very satisfied with it's perfomance, even in fast paced games like UT2K4 and CounterStrike. From an aesthetic POV, it's the best monitor out there, but this is the [H], not Queer Eye For the Sexy Monitor. From a functionality standpoint, it's a paperweight. No inputs on it whatsoever. Being attractive only goes so far if it can't do a damn thing you know. This is why the dell 2005 and 2405 are so popular, apart from being relatively inexpensive, they are fully functional in terms of inputs. You want to use the 2405 as a tv, you can do it. Connect your video game consoles to your 2405, you can do it...etc With the apple monitor you can....hmmmm....what can you do with this expensive thing? Well I guess it's sexy......lol. You can oogle and stare at it I suppose.....gosh it sure is pretty. That's about it.

The apple display is like a supermodel girlfriend. She's pretty, but does nothing. Lousy in the sack, can't cook, is no fun.

The 2405 is like a homely girl, but man she cook a mean steak and she sucks better than a dirt devil. More bang for your buck cuz she's low maintanance.

My former supermodel girlfriend..............sexy, but useless.

acd22sl.jpg

acd38bn.jpg

m16sw.jpg
 
the Apple monitor does what its ment to do, be a COMPUTER MONITOR :eek: :D i wanted to have all the inputs and jazz also but said, what the heck, a monitors a monitor and thats it good for gaming and computer use :p. Watching cable, console gaming etc are what TV's are made for. Lower res, more inputs etc, thats the way i thought about it... but thats my 0.02 :)
 
I have the 23" Every now and then I consider getting the 2405 for simply cash in the pocket and the fact that I could see the POST screen during boot.

Other than that, it works as advertised. It's a computer LCD display. As for the TV thing, BS, you can plug a DVI into many HDTV tuners. But 23" isn't much of a TV.
 
I have the 23" Every now and then I consider getting the 2405 for simply cash in the pocket and the fact that I could see the POST screen during boot.

That's a video card issue, not a problem with the monitor itself. I see the BIOS screen with a spare FX 5200 I have lying around, but I don't see it with my 9800 Pro. Anyway, I own the 23" Cinema and it's great for gaming; no ghosting whatsoever. Sure, it doesn't have the input variety the Dell 2405 offers, but I already own an HDTV. Besides, how many other monitors do you know that you can put dents in? :)
 
Solidus Snake said:
That's a video card issue, not a problem with the monitor itself. I see the BIOS screen with a spare FX 5200 I have lying around, but I don't see it with my 9800 Pro. Anyway, I own the 23" Cinema and it's great for gaming; no ghosting whatsoever. Sure, it doesn't have the input variety the Dell 2405 offers, but I already own an HDTV. Besides, how many other monitors do you know that you can put dents in? :)

Yes and no. If Apple considered the PC users in it's design then the video car designers would not have had to cater their designs for this one product (which they won't). I'm pretty sure a lot of the newer NVidia's don't post either.

But I'll know the answer shortly, I planning on making an upgrade soon.
 
Fast Drive said:
Take a look at the gateway FPD2185W. It's wide, better specs, and is also HDCP compliant.
Any word on how this monitor fares with PC gaming? It seems built for those who want a combo of pc monitor, television, and console gaming monitor, just not sure how it fares with pc games.

Might be one to further research OP.
 
Just bought the Apple ACD 30 inch yesterday. I LOVE it!
Using the PNY 7800GT....post is shown...able to get into bios ect....
running at 2560/1600
SWEET
 
I'm pretty sure a lot of the newer NVidia's don't post either

I've tested my CD on my 5200 all the way up to a few 6800GTs, and they showed the POST screen.
 
Back
Top