• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Arcygenical02 Redux

Looking sweet!!!

Regarding the wiring question up ^^, i'm glad you clarified that thank you!!!

What I meant by the second comment was if you had extended all of the wires for each fan to one common terminal for + & - ... "Series" maybe????

Just an assumption, but are the fans pulling or pushing?

I'm working out a trade with another member here for a case large enough for my stuff, so maybe I will do one like I had said :)

Thanks again for the inspiration!
 
Looking sweet!!!

Regarding the wiring question up ^^, i'm glad you clarified that thank you!!!

What I meant by the second comment was if you had extended all of the wires for each fan to one common terminal for + & - ... "Series" maybe????

Just an assumption, but are the fans pulling or pushing?

I'm working out a trade with another member here for a case large enough for my stuff, so maybe I will do one like I had said :)

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Series would be...

PSU- ----- - FAN + ------ - FAN + ------- - FAN + ---- PSU+

but they're not like that ;)

And the fans are pushing out hot air from the top of the case. :) Load temps of 53 @ 3500 mhz 1.425v.
 
Continuing the mass of updates...

First, we've got the backside of the computer... The beginnings of a very, very messy ratsnest
backside.jpg


Continued...
beginningofwiring.jpg


Up there, you can see the new choice for routing that tube. It's totally hidden now, and perfectly vertical (which makes for a great air-content indicator during bleeding!), I like it.

Alot of those cables arn't going to be there, and the electrical tape is just a temporary fix ;)

Here we go... The first fill and bleed. Pray to god we get no leaks...
firstfill.jpg


Success!
No immediate leaks, which is good for me!

Let's get some CCFL testing goin on... You can see my pretty colour-scheme, red white and black. Waring, if you're reading this... you know what this is all about ;)
CCFLtest.jpg


That nasty bend right before the pump is only there during bleeding! I SWEAR!!!
 
Alright. More updates!

Here's the progress of the bleeding process. God it's slow :eek:
bleeding.jpg


Uuugh... That tube between the rad intake and the EK waterblock HAS to go. Anyone got any 5/8 OD coolsleeves lying around? Im in desperate need.

A test of the CCFL's in darkness... Ok, so, actually I just held my thumb over the flash bulb to make everything darker and redder, but yknow, whatever.
darktest.jpg


And here he is in his new home...
newhome.jpg


A few things to notice in this pic... the ATX power cable was routed through the grommet that the previous water tube was routed through... The PCIe power cable was zip tied to the card. It will eventually be going behind the motherboard, but not until I get a few new supplies in :)

And with that, I think I'm done for a bit... I've got to wait for 2 more orders to arrive before I get the finishing touches on everything.

For now, she boots up great, posts just 70mhz shy of 3500mhz, orthos stable... 48-51c load temps too. I couldn't be happier!
 
Wow, you work fast! Looking good.


Is that the final resting place for the t-line?
 
Wow, you work fast! Looking good.


Is that the final resting place for the t-line?

Hahaha, noooooo way :p.

Im going to flip it towards the ground, and add in a fillport when my next order comes in ;)

I just couldn't wait :p
 
Looks extremely good, I love how you hate cables, makes the entire system look cleaner and shows your attention to detail. Cant wait to see the final product, i can already tell its going to be dank sauce, but yea i know a mod is never finished at least for me.:D
BIg Bucks. Now Wammies.
 
SMALL Update time


Well, I'm alive... But it appears USPS isn't. It's funny how quickly 3 day shipping can turn into 20 day shipping :eek:. Alas, I live on. I've got a FEW updates to show. I've finished my wiring (well, hiding it all) and I've got a few glory shots to show off of the new build.

First, I guess I'll show a picture of the bumpers I added to the side of the case. These prevent the side of the case from scratching up against the paint on my wall. Neat huh. You can also see Mashie's MDVA in action here :)

bumper.jpg

What are those wires poking out the front? Well...

Every system needs a ghetto addition. Mine is hopefully temporary. I'm sure you're starting to understand the identity of one of the pieces I'm waiting on :)

I noticed that the middle plane of the case is aluminum (duhh)... And this sheet aluminum shines up beyond belief... An idea sparked ;)
actualreflection.jpg


That's the reflection of the bottom panel after one pass with Brasso... Two passes later, and another pass with silvo and we get:

reflectionfinal.jpg


I'm not COMPLETELY finished the shining yet (as you can see beside the PSU and Pump grommet there) but any part that doesn't reflect light perfectly is completely invisible to the naked eye... The camera REALLY brings out faults in workmanship!

Next, I'm getitng a picture out of the way... One I'm EXTREMELY dissatisfied with, but there's really nothing I can do about it. MOST of that electrical tape you see is simply preventing white light from the CCFL's from poking through the drive cage, backlighting my MDVA.
finalwiring.jpg


The MDVA turns an icky brown colour when backlit with white light, so... I'll deal with the extra tape to help the look of the whole thing.


Here we can see the inverters for all the CCFL's. CCFL Inverters are my mortal ENEMY. I hate them more than I could EVER express right now
CCFLinverters.jpg


If you look closely, you can see a CCFL switch jammed up top of the front 2 inverters... What's it for? A closeup
colourswitch.jpg


The hidden power of the CCFL switch... They're actually STDP switches, which means you can use them to toggle between TWO individual loads! Who knew! Two loads means two colour schemes, which means two CCFL inverters, which means twice the cables. Ahh, I guess I can't have everything :eek:

Letsee these colour choices shall we?

BLUE and WHITE
coldblue.jpg


RED and WHITE
redfar.jpg


As I get bored of colours really fast, I figure this covers both bases, and is easily reversible (or switchable as I desire). Yeah, the CCFL's did change position between those two shots... This brings me to the position of the CCFL's themselves... I HATE cathodes, but you can't beat the light they throw... So, I settled for something in PLAIN view, tried to keep them as neat as possible, while still throing a hell of alot of light.

You'll also notice that the unsightly Tline has gone missing :)
newtline.jpg


It's tucked away down there, waiting to be drained and filled when I get my new Fillport in.

That's it for a few days. I'm into exams for now, I figured I'd get my packages before this weekend, but it doesn't look like I will... SO, I won't be getting much done until the 9th or so. I might rig up the power switch when it arrives (as I can't resist seeing it :)).

I AM committed though, now that the machine is running I'll be taking a pause. I do have the following updates planned though.

Power switch mod
Coolsleeves for part of the tubing
Window mod
Side panel mod and Decal
Make that ugly PCIe cable go missing

And a few other things that I'm still planning.
 
The clamp on the lower 8800 block is slightly crooked. You might want to fix that :p

Do the CCFL inverters get hot at all? I've seen the pics around with them burnt up is why I ask.

Oh yeah, Good Luck on the exams!!!!
 
The clamp on the lower 8800 block is slightly crooked. You might want to fix that :p

Do the CCFL inverters get hot at all? I've seen the pics around with them burnt up is why I ask.

Oh yeah, Good Luck on the exams!!!!

Fix'd. Your anal retentitiveness will not go unrewarded :)

They get WARM, but they're actually in a spot that's cooled to ambient air temperature (right beside the rad, that's always cold to the touch, a surface temperature of 21c). It's the idiots that leave them in really confined spaces that have trouble.

thanks ;)
 
It looks really sweet! For me, the blue and white looks better because red never seems to work well paired with shiny surfaces. And wow, you've polished that surface to a nice shine. :)

Any ways... you knew you'd get posts about it... the electrical tape is 'fugly'. ;) It's not readily visible, but it would drive me nuts knowing I left it in my case, lol.

May be you can cover that whole panel with a sheet of something and drill out holes only where screw mounts need to be? I'd recommend using either an aluminum step flashing panel (easy to work with) or a piece of sound dampening material to really block the white light. If you use flashing, you may also use this as a mounting point for metal strapping to hold your water coling gear in place. Step flashing is inexpensive and very thin (picture the thickness of a mobo's I/O cover, but thinner).
 
It looks really sweet! For me, the blue and white looks better because red never seems to work well paired with shiny surfaces. And wow, you've polished that surface to a nice shine. :)

Well, I've got more shining work to do :eek:. most of the haze is gone since that picture was taken though :) Thanks, I think it looks cool myself :)

The RED just shows up horrible with the camera, I need to devise some way of getting a good shot of it, but that's for later ;)


Any ways... you knew you'd get posts about it... the electrical tape is 'fugly'. ;) It's not readily visible, but it would drive me nuts knowing I left it in my case, lol.

I know... It's very ugly, but unfortunately it's pretty much the only decision that really works. I tried it with sound foam first, and it didn't block enough light... The MDVA still turned a muddy brown (honestly, nobody wants to see that).

I could attempt to use flashing, infact, I'm going to be replacing much of the electrical tape with flashing stick-on tape... Should reflect a bit more light where I want it.
 
Blue is way overdone. Having just recently finished a red/black build (TT Armor Jr.), my vote is for red - looks evil/badass. :D
 
Looking good, love the squid.

Glad you tucked away the T-Line, thats what I hope to do with mine as well.

Cant wait to see what your doing with those wires.
 
I got rid of about... Oh... 50% of the wire mess just now, and did a bit more polishing.

I added some thick sound foam around the back side, which further reduced the MDVA lighting... It's almost 100% unlit now :)
 
nice work so far but why re-use old, tainted cloudy tubing??

This is how Masterkleer looks with the Camera's flash on... I'd never pay for Tygon when I run clear water, so what's the point?

Maybe if I was using a pretty green or deep blue UV dye, then I'd spring for it... But my red cathodes reflect better off of the cloudier masterkleer than they do the tygon. It gives off a soft glow in real life, that you just can't capture on a camera!

Oh yeah, tygons a ripoff too :p

Since USPS fails hardcore (import troubles wtf, I have to go pick up my package, that's like, 40km away from me, which isn't gonna happen :p) this project is suspended until I get my Tax return cashed... Then I can re-order the stuff from a different website, and send the old crap back to the unnamed store from where I purchased it.

On a side note, the OCing is going REALLY well... I figure I'd USE the machine now that I can :)

3451mhz (493fsb) with load temps in the high 40s... Ram timings at 3-4-3-5. (2.3v) I honestly have never seen my machine so fast.

I WAS heat-limited, and I WAS limited by my old RAM...
 
What kind of import troubles? Are you buying chemicals, or do most mail orders into Canada have import issues?
 
What kind of import troubles? Are you buying chemicals, or do most mail orders into Canada have import issues?

No! that's the thing, just PC parts... Well, here's the deal... Supposedly there's some Duty taxes on it (which I can understand, even though I shouldn't have any, this is explained later), and supposedly Canada Post, who handles it after USPS, tried to collect the duties from me at my door like normal.

Now, I live in an apartment building, where there's an attendant on duty at all times. I left the COD with him, and he signed for the package and gave them the cash. Only problem is, the driver (for some reason) didn't leave the package AT the front desk, he took it with him to the Post Office, where I have to pick it up.

Now, I'm a student, and I live in a big down-town area, thus, I don't have a car to go pick it up from the PO... And the Subway doesn't get within 20km of the PO that the package is at.

So, from what I can tell, CP fucked up hardcore... all because of the declaration of the package. It was to be sent as a "gift" and it's <120$, So I should have NO duties on it... now the package will be sent back to the store where I got it from, and I refuse to pay the restocking fee (they didn't declare it properly, as I've NEVER had this issue before... even on orders will into $300 USD range).

*grumble*

On a positive note, my cables ARE getting cleaner... And some cheese-like deposit cropped up in my Tline (eww?) so I rinsed the loop out and added new coolant tonight.

And, unfortunately, I'm starting a mod project for my girlfriend this weekend, which will reduce the time I can spend on MY system. Oh well, the things you do for people you love :p
 
Wow, it sux to deal with that crapola. Any "gift" (ie: labeled as personal mail or as a gift) sent through the mail shouldn't be taxed in any way in my opinion. I'm glad I live in the US!
 
Wow, it sux to deal with that crapola. Any "gift" (ie: labeled as personal mail or as a gift) sent through the mail shouldn't be taxed in any way in my opinion. I'm glad I live in the US!

The same rules apply goin the other way too :p

Just, the values are a bit different... I think it's 60$ USD of imports into Canada, or 82 CAD into the US, or some weird thing like that.

I don't think it WAS sent as a gift, even though I explicitly requested this... :eek:
 
awesome. would do business with again, a+++++++++
 
HAHAHAHA.

That's the EXACT comment I got on my heatshrink tubing order :p

Glad I could provide a laugh :D

I didn't wanna give like... the most standard "Good Job" comment so I went feedback style.
 
dude, Arcy....


HOLY BALLS WOW AWESOME SAUCEUM!!

Great job man, trying to hit the same priorities as I always shoot for, with some ingenious choices. A modder after my own heart, i applaud the work you did here man!

roli

ps: i havent been on the forums in almost a month, literally because i will have to give up modding for a year whilst i go back to school, and havent had time to come here, but this thread alone makes it worth it to have come back today. thanks Arcy
 
I wonder how excited ElRolio would be if there were an update.

Arcygenical, Where are the updates? I hear you broke a waterblock, pic's?;)
 
I wonder how excited ElRolio would be if there were an update.

Arcygenical, Where are the updates? I hear you broke a waterblock, pic's?;)

Yeah, the freakin TDX shattered into like 5 pieces. Twas a sad day for me.

The updates are coming, don't worry. I just finished my exams on friday, and moved back home on saturday. The case will be back in my hands late monday, and I can take some pics or something after.

I got a window panel in, some new tubing, a new waterblock, my front panel switch, fillport... I'm still planning whether or not to include something, but we'll se.

And Elrolio :D Much appreciated dude, glad I could make your return to [H] a memorable one :p
 
Yeah, the freakin TDX shattered into like 5 pieces. Twas a sad day for me.

th1171410573985zv1.gif


Dude, don't scare me like this & tell me it's a fluke!!!

I'm still working on my new setup & I recently aquired a TDX block myself. There is no way in hell I could afford the thing blowing up on me!!

What did it? Do ya know? Please tell me
 
th1171410573985zv1.gif


Dude, don't scare me like this & tell me it's a fluke!!!

I'm still working on my new setup & I recently aquired a TDX block myself. There is no way in hell I could afford the thing blowing up on me!!

What did it? Do ya know? Please tell me

I torqued it down too hard while mounting it to the 775 chip. I heard a sickening snap, and four cracks as the arms busted off.

Moral of the story, use the springs they supply, don't hardmount an acrylic block! (hardmounting is mounting it with a rubber washer between two plastic washers, and tightening it hard.
 
Dang, Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear your distraction, err, i mean school is over for the summer. Cant wait for updates.
 
So, from what I can tell, CP fucked up hardcore... all because of the declaration of the package. It was to be sent as a "gift" and it's <120$,

Just as an aside here, technically you are asking them to commit fraud to save you money, they're under no obligation to do that and could in fact report you to whomever deals with import taxes in Canada.


That said, many many MANY mail order companies do this on a regular basis, but never assume it will happen.
 
Back
Top