• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Arctic Silver Thermal Paste

Grizzle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
231
All I can say is....WOW

I was having all sorts of problems before I applied the Arctic Silver Paste to my cpu.

I was getting temps around 135F under load, and around 115 at idle.

Now, since applying the paste, I am around 100 at idle, and 115-120 under load, I dont know if thats' AWESOME still, but it works a lot better than the stock paste and the square pads did.

I'm a customer of Arctic Silver for life now :)

(I dont like the C readings)

:)
 
The temps are pretty good. You might 7v any case fans you have, the system seems to have enough reserves for that. But try not to go over 110
 
What type of compound did you use?

I hear both AS5 and Ceramique (also made by AS) are good, but I'll probably get AS5 anyway, since 3 more bucks is nothing compared to the 1200 bucks im spending for my box.
 
Remember with Artic Silver, you actually get silver paste not like with other manufacturers. :D
 
Or, you can go "I am out of $$", and have no paste or pad whatsoever (oh yeaaaa). [Unless the stock HSF comes with stuff already on that I didn't notice, which is unlikely].
 
ive still got a tube of AS1 , AS2, AS3 AS Ceramique and now ill have some AS5 coming.....all of them have been awsome..I hope the AS5 continues the tradition !
 
Back
Top