Arctic Silver 3

Hey guys,

How often should I take off the cpu, clean off the old AC3, then put fresh on? I was thinking one year but i'll ask you guys how often you do it. I have my cpu overclocked nicely and its running nice and cool and its been running for 8 months now. Discuss now! :)

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but you don't have to change it at all.

Then again if i were you i'd go with some new AS5 cause it isnt as conductive and youll probably lose a few degrees. But if you can't be bothered, just leave it as is. Seeing as it cures to maximum efficiency over a period and it's oil based, it never hardens, so it can't really lose any of its properties.

AS5 is better than AS3? I was thinking it was a bit of hype even though its been out for a while now and everyone uses it :p

Vildayyan2003 said:
Hey guys,

How often should I take off the cpu, clean off the old AC3, then put fresh on? I was thinking one year but i'll ask you guys how often you do it. I have my cpu overclocked nicely and its running nice and cool and its been running for 8 months now. Discuss now! :)

Each time i clean my hs....i apply a fresh coat of AS5. Its a good thing i removed the IHS on my P4 or else it would be using more....

Back