Arctic Liquid Freezer II rev3

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
There is now a rev3 for 240 and 280 (and possibly 120). Changes seem to be the installation only: https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=lf2-240r3

I bought a 280 recently and got the rev3. The new AM4 mounting system allows for shifting the mounting for Zen2/3 but is not compatible with boards with tight socket clearance (I have a Asrock B550 Gaming ITX). The 280 v3 is so new there are no manuals for it. Seems like the only solution is to request for the rev2 mounting screws.

Spartacus09

[H]ard|Gawd
They went from 0 stock on the AFII 360mm for the past 2 months or so to now having stock, I'd bet the 360 also is a rev3 to have documents released soon.

Last edited:

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
The one I bought about a month ago is still revision 2. Rev 3 must be super, super new. I wonder if the mounting changes are the ones the mentioned they were working on to GN in response to GN saying they felt it was a little awkward to mount compared to others.

TheSlySyl

Gawd
There is now a rev3 for 240 and 280 (and possibly 120). Changes seem to be the installation only: https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=lf2-240r3

I bought a 280 recently and got the rev3. The new AM4 mounting system allows for shifting the mounting for Zen2/3 but is not compatible with boards with tight socket clearance (I have a Asrock B550 Gaming ITX). The 280 v3 is so new there are no manuals for it. Seems like the only solution is to request for the rev2 mounting screws.
They're also releasing a 420mm variant. I'm guessing it'll all be Rev. 3.

I also think its REALLY funny how they just straight up directly link to a GN video at the top of their FAQ.

Edit: 420mm is out!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HLPFXWM

Last edited:

FlawleZ

[H]ard|Gawd
I upgraded to the 240mm rev2 from an H100i and my temps dropped 10C on load on my 3800X. It's simply the best AIO for the money, possibly period.

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
Since I’m still waiting on my cpu, I emailed Arctic and asked if I could have the rev3 mounting hardware for my rev2 AIO. They said they were getting some in the next few days and would send me some for free. Worth hitting them up if you want the new clips. They are supposedly much easier to install with since it’s using standoffs now.

Jinto

[H]ard|Gawd
It says Rev 2 everywhere.

Maybe they just called it rev2 for the 420. But the mount is identical to the rev3 mount on the other coolers. The older rev used long screws to screw into the backplate instead of using the offset system.

Nenu

[H]ardened
Maybe they just called it rev2 for the 420. But the mount is identical to the rev3 mount on the other coolers. The older rev used long screws to screw into the backplate instead of using the offset system.
I misinterpreted what you said, I thought you meant it should be a Liquid Freezer III.
Its a Freezer II but there is no information anywhere to say the revision.
So you must be right :)
My bad.