Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 240 + In Win 303 Case

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
One of my friends had his wife put the smack down on his recent purchase of a Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 240 kit + a In Win 303 case. (Side note: does this happen to married guys a lot?) So his planned upgrade isn't happening. So his pain is my gain, if I decide to buy them. Both are still new in box, unopened.

My Q is this: the way the radiator/fans would mount in that case at the top, would there be enough room for all four fans up top or only for two? I guess if only two one could put the other two at the bottom of the case or one on the bottom + one on the back?

EDIT: I posted this here and not under the Cases sub-forum, wasn't sure which would be better.

I was curious about compatibility for purchasing this very set and found this post.

If you can try it out hands on: My idea was to put two fans on the radiator itself as normal, then for the other two mount them inside that upper cage, putting the screws through the fans, the cage, and then into the radiator.

So:

G Fan | Rad | Cage | Fans
L
A Airflow ---------->
S
S

Not sure if a trip to your local hardware store for some slightly longer screws may be necessary for this.

*EDIT* I'm pretty sure this will work, bigger thing I was curious about, was if the hoses will reach the top there. I think they will but not 100% sure.

*Edit #2* Actually looks like someone basically did this over on Overclock in the 303 owners thread.

They did it in reverse and cut the cable routing hole larger to fit the whole AIO pump through so the radiator is inside the cage.

It won't let me post the link here but it is post #713 on the In Win 303 Owners Club thread over there.

Last edited:
Back