Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Take a small screw driver and gently pry out the black tab while pulling up on the black portion.
 
Go to the Arctic Cooling website and look up the page for the Freezer Pro 7. You will find instructions for removing the plastic clips.
 
Go to the Arctic Cooling website and look up the page for the Freezer Pro 7. You will find instructions for removing the plastic clips.

Went to the site, guess I should have looked there first. Thanks.


why would you remove the clips? are you going to use screws thru the mobo holes?

Going to use 775 Bolt Through Kit.
 
Some comments on my freezer pro 7 / Q6600:

This is the loudest part in my PC. I couldnt hear anything before I installed this piece. Now my PC is like a wind tunnel from this cooler. Is there some speed adjusting setting which I am missing to quiet this fan down? It works fine, and I idle about 16-18C most cool mornings. Did I forget some setting to make my fan go slow unless its really needed?
 
In your bios make sure the fan control is set to PWM. My fan at idle only runs at 800-950 rpm.
 
In your bios make sure the fan control is set to PWM. My fan at idle only runs at 800-950 rpm.

hmmm found nothing in my bios about PWM.. my cpu fan is idling on desktop at 2700rpm...

i found two possible settings in the bios..

speedstep = enabled... but i never see my cpu go slower..

Q-fan = disabled... is that is? Q-fan should be enabled?

Asus 5PE
 
Back
Top