Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this review posted at FrostyTech today, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro is somewhat of a "middle of the road" cooler in terms of both performance and as a low noise cooling solution.

If the name Freezer sounds familiar, it's because the Freezer 13 Pro is essentially a step up in size from the previous iteration, the Freezer 13 heatsink. This time around Arctic have released a tower-style heatsink standing 159mm tall and weighing 893 grams. The CPU cooler comes with a small 50mm fan mounted to the baseplate in addition to a primary 120mm fan that rotates at 1350-900RPM. The base-mounted 50mm fan is intended to cool motherboard components around the CPU socket, not the heatsink base - an important distinction.

I used to be a huge supporter of the Freezer sinks, but they just haven't been able to keep up with the competition. I see many makes/models on that comparitive list that have been out for years and not only provide lower temperatures but lower noise as well. Sorry AC, you're going to have to do better than that.

Love these heatsinks. Still using the Freezer7 Pro on my 9450. Its small, cools WAY better then stock, costs me $20 and I cant hear it. Not to mention its missing the weight of those high end metal coolers. In my opinion these are amazing and will continue to support them.

Back