• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Arctic Cooling Copper lite does not fit.

  • Thread starter Deleted member 80813
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80813

Guest
I just purchased the Arctic Cooling Copper Lite HSF for my Socket A system. There is no way this thing will ever mount on a socket A. The tabs on the socket measure 68mm (I measured on 2 diff boards). The spring clip on the HSF measures 75mm+. With one end clipped firmly on the socket the other end of the clip not only hangs over the other end of the socket but over the edge of the mobo!
I have contacted Arctic Cooling and am awaiting a reply. Below are some pictures.

ac68mm.jpg


ac75mm.jpg


acoverhang.jpg
 
Isn't one end of the clipping mechanism supposed to bend in? Good luck getting a reply from AC...
 
_Korruption_ said:
Isn't one end of the clipping mechanism supposed to bend in? Good luck getting a reply from AC...

I dont think the clip could bend far enough to make contact. There is a set screw (you can see it in one of the pics) that tightens the clip down. There is no movement to shorten the clip.
 
I just got off the phone with Newegg and they are giving me a refund, and I am faxing them a sales reciept for the shipping and they are refunding that too. :)
 
Update. Boy do I feel like a fool. I got my replacement today. The end with the set screw (picture3) ROTATES when fully loosened. I rotate it 180° and its a perfect fit. I'll post the temp differences between this and my old Tt Volcano9.
 
Back
Top