Arcanum?

I recently heard from a friend that he's playing a game called arcanum. he said its an older game, but pretty good one. Has any1 ever heard for it, and should i try it, or is it just a waste of time?

Its pretty massive. And pretty awesome. Its worth your time. Steampunk RPG goodness :)

Yeah, it's a good game.

And yeah, the graphics are a bit dated, but so are the graphics of Fallout and Baldur's Gate.....doesn't mean those two are any less awesome! :)

If you loved Baldur's gate style RPG's this one IMO was a lot better than any of the D&D based series. The story is excellent, the gameplay is really good. I'm not too familiar with the mgic system as I chose to go down technology. I had a blast playing it one of my all time favorite RPG's

^ What Wrench said. I bought it when it was freshly released for $50 and still play it today. Now that's a serious return on an investment. One of the best RPG's ever, imo.

Agreed. Arcanum has been played through completely twice by me. And i will most likely play through it again at some future point. Awesomely fun game. :)

Arcanum's one of the top PC RPG's out there, although it didn't get as much attention as Baldur's Gate or Fallout. It's basically like Fallout set in a steam & magic alternate reality.

I seem to recall that Arcanum came from the same folks who did Fallout. While I never played Arcanum, Fallout was amazing.

It's a great game some bugs but it is to be expected it is a Troika game :0

Similar to D2 visuals, just much sharper and "purer".

Absolutely fantastic game. The one game that stole my year 10 holidays from under me. Great story line, characters, skills, monsters, battle systems, soundtrack, locations. Anything else you can think of, it had it, minus a good multiplayer aspect, however this is most likely due to the fact that no one played it online.

Great buy if you can find it. I recently bought a new copy for $20 AUS after hiring it out so many times.

sounds like i'm gonna have to pick this up... i've been looking for more SP games and not as many that require online play

Wonderfull game. My only gripe is the combat is a little wonkey. Wish i would have never sold it. :(

Back