Good Morning,
I am building a high end 5u for personal storage, it will be run off an opteron 150, gig of ram, and 10-15 SATA 1.5 MaxlineIII 300gb drives. The controller must be PCI-E
I have to decide on the controller for these, i would like the highest read/write rates but with some degree of reliability (no raid0). So either raid5 or raid6.
My options have been narrowed down to the ARC-12** or 3ware 9590SE-*ML series, the 3ware is significantly cheaper, but it doesnt appear to have any less specs. However, i cant find a single review of it out there.
For my needs does anyone have an experiences or suggestions (i did look at other brands, but they all seems to have horrible performance for some reason).
Thanks in advance
I am building a high end 5u for personal storage, it will be run off an opteron 150, gig of ram, and 10-15 SATA 1.5 MaxlineIII 300gb drives. The controller must be PCI-E
I have to decide on the controller for these, i would like the highest read/write rates but with some degree of reliability (no raid0). So either raid5 or raid6.
My options have been narrowed down to the ARC-12** or 3ware 9590SE-*ML series, the 3ware is significantly cheaper, but it doesnt appear to have any less specs. However, i cant find a single review of it out there.
For my needs does anyone have an experiences or suggestions (i did look at other brands, but they all seems to have horrible performance for some reason).
Thanks in advance

