ARC-100 VS MX-100

Flokiam

n00b
I was just considering a new SSD on a budget, when I saw ARC-100 240Gb on newegg for 89$ which looks like a fantastic deal.
On the other hand I have the Crucial 256Gb MX100 for 109$ which is also one of my favorites.

Is it really worth the 20$ difference?

I went with ARC, also had saw it at great price.. it was a must.
But both are really good options.

Always had in my mind they were good. But sometimes I see some people saying they have issues, thats why Im kinda holding back..

Always had in my mind they were good. But sometimes I see some people saying they have issues, thats why Im kinda holding back..

That was from SandForce controllers they used to have on their drives.. Not anymore.
They now use their Barefoot controller plus their NAND is exclusively Toshiba premium NAND, in another words their quality is expected to be much higher now.

Can't go wrong with 240GB holding the specs the ARC-100 does for $90.

The extra $20 for the MX100 buys 16GB more and some encryption features, such as OPAL 2.0, IEEE-1667, and Microsoft eDrive compliancy. Money well spent if the extra capacity and features are needed, imo.

Also noticed for just under 100$ I can get the OCZ Vertex 460A, Im guessing this one has better performance compared to MX100 and ARC100 right?

MX100 and ARC100 are the entry level SSDs, for about the same price go with the Vertex 460A!

I think the ARC100 is good enough, it uses a new SSD controller. It's the same one in the Vector/Vertex 460, and new Toshiba nandflash

Too late :( The Vertex 460A gone to normal pricing. 99$ was too good to be true :(
I'm guessing I will go with ARC 100 then.

Back