Aquastream Question?

As for the pump dead quiet, using aquaero with it makes it even better. Another good place for info is http://www.aquacomputer.com/ The Inline Adapter for Compact 300 i think is the front piece (inlet) not sure though. You can ask Dan about it (snt-mods) and he'll know for sure.

1/2 barbs should not be a problem just use adapters
 
that pump is simply an eheim 1046 modified to run on DC rather than AC if I am not mistaken. Just look for reviews of the 1046.
 
I have been using the aquastream for a couple weeks now and I love it. Never have to mess with anything, it's silent as far as I can tell, and performs fine. It's basically equivalent to a 1046, but if you are going to use the aquaero control panel you can "overclock" it to push it up to eheim 1048 performance. Good 12v pump IMO, just a little pricey.
 
Im not really too worried about the price. Just the noise. Can this pump work well in a 1/2" setup? Can it perform on par or better than a D4?

I can spend whatever as long as its quiet and fairly compact.
 
with 600 litres/hour @ 1.2 meters of head it's a little on the weak side, but it's more than sufficient, even for SLI setups.
 
Little Grabbi said:
with 600 litres/hour @ 1.2 meters of head it's a little on the weak side, but it's more than sufficient, even for SLI setups.

agreed. I think this pump is more designed for 3/8 and smaller systems, but I think it would perform fine with a 1/2" setup. If silence is important, then you won't have a problem with this pump.. when i was testing it, i could hardly tell whether it was on or off, as long as it's not vibrating against anything.
 
Back
Top