Robotic controlled Showcase

Modding :

24 UV Cold Kathode lights
2 Blue Water Crystal
1 Pulsar
50 m Sleeving
3 Blue Light 120 mm Fans

Watercooling by aqua-computer

2 x Aquastream 3.0 + Controller (controlled via Aquaero)
1 x Cuplex Pro
1 x Aquagratix
1 x Airplex Evo 360

Hardware :

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Intel Pentium IV 3,2
2x512 GB DDR by Corsair TwinLL Pro LED
2x250 GB S-ATA Maxtor HDD
9800 Pro AIW build by ATI
Be Quiet NT 520 Watt

After this :

grizzly 2003

grizzly_today_lightning.jpg

and this one ... blairwitch 2004 ....

bwp.jpg

now ... aquasphere 2005

a small robot for the engine controlling - this one is needed to power off an on the different
engines for a later build-in RISC based robot console.

aquabot.jpg

there is the copper contact side and the relais based carbon robot

aquabot2.jpg

front.jpg

and here the tubes....

tubesfront.jpg

inside ...

case_start2.jpg

case_opentubes.jpg

case_tubes_inside.jpg

case_sidedoors.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sides.jpg

sides2.jpg

sides3.jpg

case_start.jpg

robotside.jpg

robotside2.jpg

robotupside.jpg

sleeving.jpg

sleeving@night.jpg

tubesincase.jpg

firsttest@night.jpg

inside_as.jpg

front_ready@day.jpg

front_ready.jpg

water falls..... 8 liters (2 Gallons)

waterfilled@day2.jpg

waterfilled@day.jpg

waterfilled@night.jpg

case_fits.jpg

Backside

Thats how you call it ... AQUA !

aqua_backside.jpg

and..... SPHERE !

sphere_backside.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aquasphere_backside.jpg

side_inside.jpg

night@as_total.jpg

night@as_front.jpg

night@as_front_total.jpg

night@as_side.jpg

night@as_backside.jpg

coolnqualm.jpg

qualmdetail.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I will try to translate my making of in english ....

www.freezefreaks.de contains the german version.

OMFG I just tipped over my chair and landed on the back off my head... AUWWWW

Realy this one is amazing There really are modders who have all the money

all the lights and the integrated fog machine is the meaning of a "effect and show" case. this case will be used for presenting new watercooling high tech components from my sponsor. thats why it looks like "overdone" - would be easier for the customers to watch IN the case than in a closed version. the special effect with 8 engines (circling tubes, opening doors and sliding tubes in the case) is powered by a rcx programmed robotic chip.

Can it travel back in time or open a portal to a different dimension, too? :cool:

It looks comfortingly disturbing, if you know what I mean :)

Nice work--lots of cool water features. I'm curious--what does the robotic movements reveal? anything?.

um - yeah - ISH

Also - the point again??? Lets try to hide the sponsor products with a bunch (and I do mean a bunch) of screaming blue lights...

To each his own though.

:confused:

skuzbucket said:
um - yeah - ISH

Also - the point again??? Lets try to hide the sponsor products with a bunch (and I do mean a bunch) of screaming blue lights...

hmmm..... what else than LIGHT will get your attention on a event like CEBIT ?

skuzbucket said:
um - yeah - ISH

To each his own though.

yes, that is why we are here..... ;)

maybe its difficult to understand what the robotic does step-by-step but I hope to get the details description online @ weekend.

hope you enjoy it ... :)

video of a manual controlled AS :

http://213.239.197.211/FreezeFreaks/projects/aquasphere/videos/aquasphere2005.wmv

woah, very impressive. However i am not sure i fully understand it. I get that those things are resivors but what i dont really get is well why?!?!?! i mean is this a DJ setup and you have a dj setup ontop of it with a scratch table or something, maybe i just that ignorant but i really dont understand at all.

I guess (from watching the video) that its some sort of disco music making mod?..I'm still confused as to what the movements do---or is it just movement for movement's sake?..dont get me wrong its very interesting. The shape sort of reminds me of one of those home AC units.

what i assume it is for, by what he said.

It is for a large shows. His sponser will put their latest product in it and it will be a showcase for the product. It is full of lights and smoke and moving parts to attract eyes to watch it, in doing so it exposes the product inside.

yes, thats the reason. it has no special reason or meaning - its only an eyecatcher. But if you have to insert a cd or dvd.... you have to open the casetubes at the front.

I copied this from a bank safe.... you know, something like these iron bars from the left and right sides of the wall are in your way and will slide in when you want to enter.....

That is seriously the most innovative mod in the history of mods, ever. To say so is a complete understatement!

Dood - I don't care what anyone says - this mod kicks some major ass. I love the look of those tubes.

MORE movies!

oh come on..........

i'm wondering right now, why some of you guys are looking for a "special" reason for this awesome mod..... the only reason for this construction is the show effect (like he allready said)

the ones who know chewy and his mods, know that he is just a damn good case constructor who knows how to make everyones mouth to pop open :eek:

i allready gave a comment in the aquacomputer forum but what the.....
YOU ARE JUST FREAKING AWESOME CHEWY ;)

Chewy@GrizzlyMod said:
yes, thats the reason. it has no special reason or meaning - its only an eyecatcher. But if you have to insert a cd or dvd.... you have to open the casetubes at the front.
So if i wanted to put in a CD, I would need to wait about one minute just for the doors to open?

Its very creative. Nice work and craftsmanship. I didnt understand it at first, the video you posted helped.

the needed time to open it via the robotic controlled command system - which is not installed yet - is approx. 15 seconds.

the video shows you the manual control - I stood behind the case and gave power to the relais by "hand"....

hopefully it will be done soon, the control module is ready but some sensors have to be programmed....

thanks again to all for the comments.

chewy

update pictures :

the cooler : cuplex pro and the 12 V solution "Aquastream" pump (2nd pic)

cuplexpro.jpg

motherboard_pump.jpg

open case @day and @night....

open_case_front@day.jpg

open_case_front@night.jpg

nice back ;o) .....

open_case_backside@day.jpg

open_case_backside@night.jpg

the tubes after the circling .... ready to slide in the case (... or the other way, ready to block the front..)

open_case_side@night.jpg

Back