AquafraFX on a 7950??

no_control

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
1,429
I have an Aquacomputer AquagraFX 7800/7900 GPU block (full coverage) on my 7800 GTX works great!

Can i use this block on a 7950 I'm loooking at buying?
 
The 7950 is a dual pcb card and consequently a proprietary design therefore a block for a 7800/7900 wont work. Aqua computer makes a block specifically for the 7950: http://www.sharkacomputers.com/aqcoaq79gx2.html

Edit: Ahh good point from poster below... wasnt sure if you meant the GX2 card or not.
 
If it's a 7950GT, I believe it will fit. As I recall, it uses the same mounting hole layout as the 7800 and 7900 series cards.
 
It may not as the AC block for the 7800GTX/7900GTX also cools the voltage regulators. The block that is specifically for the 7950's is the same block for the 6800LE/7800GT/7900GT. I know that on the 7900GTs, even though the block fits it blocks the use of a SLI bridge but I'm not sure if that is the case for the 7950's(or if you even plan on running in SLI.)
 
the 7950 gt is just a dumbed down 7900gtx.

it'll fit.
 
Back
Top