Aquaero's decimal sign

FatboyHK

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
268
Mine is labelled as "english" version, and I have just flashed it with the newest firmware, but it still use "," instead of "." as the Mine is labelled as "english" version, and I have just flashed it with the newest firmware. decimal sign... any waay to change that?
 
So do both of mine....... I have gotten so used to it you made me notice again.
 
It's not possible to switch from "," to "." because the aquaero also uses it internally for all calculations and doesn't convert it when it is displayed.
I know that it seems to be easy to change that but it isn't. If you want further technial details you should write a mail to sebastian [at] aqua-computer.de.
 
Nope, as said in detail it is much more complicated.
 
btw Shoggy do you think I can solve that with USB LCD mode? I should be able to design what to be displayed and in what format. But I am not familar with that, any hint?
 
btw Shoggy do you think I can solve that with USB LCD mode? I should be able to design what to be displayed and in what format. But I am not familar with that, any hint?

You could use jaLCDs. As source you have to use the exported XML data (XML & Log Data in aquasuite).

To read characters from the exported file you would use the command below:

$part:14:4:$linefromfile:C:\ae_data.xml:5§§C

Which means:

Placing cursor to position X
This number declares where to place the cursor within the file. The cursor will start on the left side and will jump 14 characters to the right.

Read in the next X characters
This number declares how many characters will be read from the file. The current position of the cursor is the startpoint. Here it means to read the next 4 characters.

Jump to line X
This number declares in which line the cursor will be placed. Here it means line 5 with the first temperature value.

----------

Well, the XML files also uses "," so you have to convert it and I have no idea if jaLCDs can do that. If not, you can read the first two numbers, place the "." and then read the third number.
 
Yes, possible but a bit unhandy becuase you have to run the aquasuite and jaLCDs in the background all the time.
 
Back
Top