Aquaero Flow Sensor

BellaCroix

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,054
Okay, so I finally got around to getting water in my new cooling loop... it's on it's 48 hour leak test right now but I've noticed something odd:

The loop is an Innovatek loop (CPU and GPU blocks, radiator, hoses, fittings, flow sensor, res) with the exception of the pump (an Aqua Computer modified Eheim) and the fan controller (an AquaComputer VFD Aquaero). The problem is that the flow sensor is reporting that I'm getting about 1.48 l/min.

I've changed the calibration setting to 232 impulses/liter as TN suggested.

Is that right? I was expecting to see something around .7 l/min from this pump and loop.

Any ideas what might be causing this to read this way? Am I missing something? Does that mean there's air trapped somewhere I can't find?
 
Are you using the Innovatek XXFlow blocks? Those blocks seem like they are pretty open and dont have that much restriction. Which would certainly help your flow rates.
 
Yes, I'm using an XX-Flow rev2 CPU block and a Graph-O-Matic rev 3 GPU block.

All the reviews I saw always floated around .7 LPM which is why I expected to see about the same. Granted, most of those reviews used different parts here and there but I didn't expect to double flow rates.

Now that I think about it though... all the .7 LPM measurements were either done with more restrictive (older) Innova blocks or 6mm ID (AquaComputer) hose.

Could these numbers really be right?

I thought 1.4_ LPM was well beyond the flowrate of the Aquastream regardless of the blocks used.
 
ShoNuff was getting about 4 LPM on a Cuplex XT test circuit that had just the block, Aquastream, and the Innovatek flowmeter in it using 6mm tubing. What setting is your Aquastream set at?
 
Back
Top