Aquacomputer Experts please help

Light1984

Gawd
So I've been trying to get the 10% fps boost from extra RGB. Upgraded my four 140mm case fans to Corsair QL140s that have 34 LEDs each for maximum unicorn vomit. I got a single splitty4 because it has four Corsair connectors and four pwm (refuse to put any software on my computer to run RGB besides aquasuite). Unfortunately, I didn't read the fine print that the splitty4 could only handle 90 LEDs. Long story short, I got a second one so I could fully illuminate all four fans. There is an output RGBpx port on each Splitty4 that I've connected to some RGBpx strips, but the strips do not work. I've got the cable plugged in the right way on the strips and with only two fans on each Splitty4 I should have 22 more LEDs available to drive the 15 LED strips. More fine print reading led me to discover that the output port on the Splitty4 only works if all four fan ports are utilized. So... Does anyone know of maybe some dummy wires or something I can populate the two extra ports with to get the strips to work? I'm also not sure if I need to populate the pwm port, the Corsair port, or both. And as a bonus question if you made it this far through my rambling, does anyone know if it is possible or if there are plans to make it possible to control other vendor RGB in aquasuite such as asus, GSkill, etc? I'd love to change my GSkill ram but again don't want to have everyones software starting at boot just to control RGB. I know openRGB has the ability, so it would be cool if aquacompter could integrate that into aquasuite. TIA

So I've been trying to get the 10% fps boost from extra RGB. Upgraded my four 140mm case fans to Corsair QL140s that have 34 LEDs each for maximum unicorn vomit. I got a single splitty4 because it has four Corsair connectors and four pwm (refuse to put any software on my computer to run RGB besides aquasuite). Unfortunately, I didn't read the fine print that the splitty4 could only handle 90 LEDs. Long story short, I got a second one so I could fully illuminate all four fans. There is an output RGBpx port on each Splitty4 that I've connected to some RGBpx strips, but the strips do not work. I've got the cable plugged in the right way on the strips and with only two fans on each Splitty4 I should have 22 more LEDs available to drive the 15 LED strips. More fine print reading led me to discover that the output port on the Splitty4 only works if all four fan ports are utilized. So... Does anyone know of maybe some dummy wires or something I can populate the two extra ports with to get the strips to work? I'm also not sure if I need to populate the pwm port, the Corsair port, or both. And as a bonus question if you made it this far through my rambling, does anyone know if it is possible or if there are plans to make it possible to control other vendor RGB in aquasuite such as asus, GSkill, etc? I'd love to change my GSkill ram but again don't want to have everyones software starting at boot just to control RGB. I know openRGB has the ability, so it would be cool if aquacompter could integrate that into aquasuite. TIA

The Splitty4 is just that, a fan pwm/rgb spiltter that allows an Aquacomputer product to control the corsair fans.

The rgbx connector on the splitty4 should be connected to a Aquaero 5/6, Octo, Quadro or Farbwerk 360.

Just look at the Splitty4, there is no controller or circuitry, it is just a splitter.

The Octo/Quadro controllers will both control a total of 90 leds. The Farbwerk 360 will control 360, however only does 90 led per channel, so you will need to split the the QL140s between two channels.

If you only want the RGB control I highly recommend the Farbwerk 360, besides having really good RGB control it comes allows you to also directly connect 3 pin d-RGB connections. It also provides temperature sensor connections so you can still get some of the Aquasuite monitoring/integration

I have a Quadro and Farbwerk 360 and 4 LL120s on a Splitty4.

I guess I should have expanded. Both the Splitty4s are connected to an octo both on their own individual channels for pwm and each on their own rgbpx channel on the octo. So the octo is controlling the rgb, but since I've only occupied two slots on each of the Splitty4s, the output ports on the Splitty4s aren't enabled ( according to the manual). That's why I was wondering about a dummy cable so that I could utilize the remaining 22 LEDs on each of the two octo 90 led channels.

Sorry, didn't get that from your post.

That is actually why I picked up a farbwerk along with the Quadro.

I am not sure if just jumping the pins or creating a plug would work, as it is not a simple matter of just seeing power, but also the digital RGB signal.

However d rgb in the grand scheme of things is the same, they are all three pin/three wire with different plugs. The Corsair rgb fan connectors are not proprietary, they are just Molex 50-57-9404 four position female connectors (2.54mm). As long as the 5v, ground and signal wires are connected correctly you can run any d-rgb device from any d-rgb connector.

Maybe an adapter exists on Ebay for the corsair to the mini rgbpx connector, you could then connect the strips to the empty corsair rgb connections; or you could make an adapter, that would allow using the empty spots to directly control the strips. I have no idea what the part number for the mini connectors Aquacomputer uses for thier rgbPX connectors.

Aquacomputer has 3 pin "asus" rgb to rgpx adapters, but do not seem to have Corsair rgb connectors to rgbpx adapters (outside of the splitty4).

I would drop the question on the Aquacomputer forum, most is in German, but there is a English subsection. Someone may have a solution, and the AC team is relatively active there.

Ok, I like the idea of a Corsair to rgbpx adapter to run the strips off the empty splitty4 ports. Great idea! As for the asus adapters, I have those, but I think those are for controlling rgbpx components off the motherboard headers. I'd love to be able to control the motherboard and GSkill rgb from within aquasuite.

Ok, for anyone else that has the same issue, one solution is to use the asus to rgbpx adapter from Aquacomputer that termite linked above. You can then plug in your rgbpx strip into the asus header on the splitty4. The effect will just be a duplicate of whatever is on the first fan header, but works nicely for solid colors which I'm doing. Strips are hidden behind front panel but add additional illumination and therefore fps. Thanks termite!

PXL_20210308_163728148.jpg
PXL_20210308_163749314.jpg

Ok, I like the idea of a Corsair to rgbpx adapter to run the strips off the empty splitty4 ports. Great idea! As for the asus adapters, I have those, but I think those are for controlling rgbpx components off the motherboard headers. I'd love to be able to control the motherboard and GSkill rgb from within aquasuite.

I bought a couple of the "asus" three pin to rbgpx adapters to control an EKWB gpu blocks rgb before I came across the new revision of the Farbwerk 360. They work great as long as the device has the 3 pin dRGB connector.

Glad you found a work around.

I have the same RAM issue, it would be great if Aquiasuite could control other manufacturers RBG via a plugin. I ended up just setting the Corsair RAM RGB to react to temperature in AURA.

I bought a couple of the "asus" three pin to rbgpx adapters to control an EKWB gpu blocks rgb before I came across the new revision of the Farbwerk 360. They work great as long as the device has the 3 pin dRGB connector.

Glad you found a work around.

I have the same RAM issue, it would be great if Aquiasuite could control other manufacturers RBG via a plugin. I ended up just setting the Corsair RAM RGB to react to temperature in AURA.

I know it has to be possible to control other devices (asus, gskill, etc) within aquasuite, its just a matter of whether they can program it. Guess I will hop over on the Aquacomputer forum and see if I can spam a request.

Back