Aqua Computer Vs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waterc00L101 said:
How do you expect to see the performance of a block designed to run 6 or 8mm tubing when the review site hooks up a 1/2" garden hose? What will this tell a consumer who purchases the block with plug n cool connectors that have a max ID of 8mm?

This is maybe why the block came with a radiator, pump, connectors, tubing?

btw: most "enthusiasts" care about how much the block will allow them to overclock. Too bad threads in this forum show there was no gain or loss......

Ummm... perhaps you need to actually look at how the reviews are conducted. They conduct the tests at as large a range of flow rates as they can. Usually going down all the way to 0.5gpm, and up to as high as they can get through the block. Therefore connecting the block to a rig with 1/2" tubing does nothing but benefit the device, because it allows a higher maximum flow rate during the testing.

The way the waterblocks are actually measured has no bias with the tubing, it is only the cooling capacity of the waterblock that is being tested. Therefore if you want to know how it will perform in your loop all you need to do is estimate your flow rate, and you have your answer. If you expect a flow rate lower than 0.5gpm then you can assume it will perform worse than it did at 0.5gpm.

As for overclocking...well this isn't a review of a piece of hardware. Overclocking is highly uncontrollable variable, the motherboard might not want to push the processor higher (Some motherboards will run the same processor at different max stable OC's, even though it is still below each boards max HTT or FSB). Your processor might not have any more to give, your memory might be at fault. Simply put there is no way to tell whether the cooling hardware was at fault, or the computer hardware. When measuring a piece of cooling gears performance overclocking is essentially useless.

Waterc00L101 said:
How do you expect to see the performance of a block designed to run 6 or 8mm tubing when the review site hooks up a 1/2" garden hose? What will this tell a consumer who purchases the block with plug n cool connectors that have a max ID of 8mm?

This is maybe why the block came with a radiator, pump, connectors, tubing?

btw: most "enthusiasts" care about how much the block will allow them to overclock. Too bad threads in this forum show there was no gain or loss......

The block will get hooked to whatever tubing the reviewer uses on his test rig because thart's the method for making certain that everything gets rated identically. The flow rate can be varied so that the performance will be representitive of a low-flow rig as well as a high flow rig.
If you believe that the bigger tubing will make the least amount of difference when identical flow rates are used then you should do a bit more research. Tubing does not dictate your minimum flow rate, just your maximum.

As to threads here showing no gain/loss could this be because there are none here doing properly conducted comparos using 100% scientific methods? Methinks this could be the reason.

madmat said:
As to threads here showing no gain/loss could this be because there are none here doing properly conducted comparos using 100% scientific methods? Methinks this could be the reason.

If 100% scientific methods are all that matter why are all forums flooded with "Just bought XYZ block and temps are still high" threads? Maybe because scientific methods don't take into consideration how the actual end user will install their loop?

Call me stupid but all that matters is how well a block performs in my computer and not a die simulator.

Waterc00L101 said:
If 100% scientific methods are all that matter why are all forums flooded with "Just bought XYZ block and temps are still high" threads? Maybe because scientific methods don't take into consideration how the actual end user will install their loop?

Call me stupid but all that matters is how well a block performs in my computer and not a die simulator.

The anecdotal data you're referring to does not indicate block performance, but whole system performance. It is important to know how components of a system work individually. If you don't care about that, then don't read the data. But don't make any rash generalizations about block performance either.

zer0signal667 said:
The anecdotal data you're referring to does not indicate block performance, but whole system performance. It is important to know how components of a system work individually. If you don't care about that, then don't read the data. But don't make any rash generalizations about block performance either.

Exactly, if you're seeing high temps with more than one type/make of block then it would stand to reason that you've got a weak link elsewhere in the system that needs to be addressed. It could also just mean that your temp monitoring subsystem is fubared.

I've seen so many posts by people that complain about high temps yet they're relying on software to tell them the temp in question, unless you physically attach a calibrated temp monitoring device to the item in question you're most likely not going to get a true reading. Sad thing is that with IHS equipped procs you can't attach a thermal probe to the side of the die which is my favorite method of measuring CPU temps.

So when is this review scheduled to happen?

In my rush to get the Cuplex Pro out, I forgot to send the mounting hardware, so I think I've delayed BB2K's testing a while :(

Pooky said:
So when is this review scheduled to happen?

In my rush to get the Cuplex Pro out, I forgot to send the mounting hardware, so I think I've delayed BB2K's testing a while :(

BB2K's??

zer0signal667 said:

Agreed but there is soooooo much more to good cooling besides the block. These tests are done in a fixed enviornment which doesn't take into consideration what tubing the actual end user has, radiators, pumps, etc. Now through on top that with a die simulator there is no way to add all these varibles AND the fact the radiator will be in a case with a higher ambiant temp with different fans.

Call me crazy but I feel much more satisfied when I read someone simply substitutes a block and give results on a working system. This means far more to me than how a block works in a fixed enviornment that the block will never see in the real world.

Waterc00L101 said:
Agreed but there is soooooo much more to good cooling besides the block. These tests are done in a fixed enviornment which doesn't take into consideration what tubing the actual end user has, radiators, pumps, etc. Now through on top that with a die simulator there is no way to add all these varibles AND the fact the radiator will be in a case with a higher ambiant temp with different fans.

Call me crazy but I feel much more satisfied when I read someone simply substitutes a block and give results on a working system. This means far more to me than how a block works in a fixed enviornment that the block will never see in the real world.

I know it can be difficult to actually THINK about the tests that System Cooling and Procooling perform, but it isn't out of the question to be able to apply the tests to your system. All you need to do is guess what your system flow rate would be, then look at which block performs the best at that flow rate. That block will (most likely) be the best choice for you.

Radiators are a separate concern, and that is why there have been tests performed separately on most of the commonly used radiators. In fact some people at procooling even put together a computer simulation that combines all the facts of measured equipment together to give you a good guestimmate of how the entire system will perform.

Then again some people are perfectly happy chosing their equipment based upon flawed and inaccurate data. If your fine with that for making your own decisions thats your prerogative, but when people start using inaccurate data as evidence of how well something performs, thats when there is a problem.

One of the things I find so hillarious is that Aqua Computer gear accounts for a great amount of the buzz in this forum. The greatest all time threads in the watercooling forum have been about Aqua Computer products. The current AC thread has about 1,650 posts and over 39,000 views! The old AC thread had 2,622 posts and over 100,000 views. This does not even include all the other various AC related threads that have popped up all over this forum.

So why do you think that a low performance watercooling product garners such attention? Why is it that AC equipment sells very fast in this country? IIRC, about $85,000-$100,000 has been spent by American modders for this gear in the last few years.

Their products are so successful and unique that Danger Den copied their brand name in HD coolers (i.e. Aquadrive), Thermaltake copied their tube reservoir and copied their Aquabay name as well, Innovatek copied their Aquatube and at least called it something else, and of course someone here on this forum just copied the Aquatube design again and is producing it in a delrin material. Seems to me that there is something here to all this Aqua Computer stuff than meets the eye and all the "testing" in the world will not make one iota of difference to those who buy Aqua Computer equipment. When you got the best you know it's the best regardless of what anyone else might say. :p

Top Nurse said:
One of the things I find so hillarious is that Aqua Computer gear accounts for a great amount of the buzz in this forum. The greatest all time threads in the watercooling forum have been about Aqua Computer products. The current AC thread has about 1,650 posts and over 39,000 views! The old AC thread had 2,622 posts and over 100,000 views. This does not even include all the other various AC related threads that have popped up all over this forum.

So why do you think that a low performance watercooling product garners such attention? Why is it that AC equipment sells very fast in this country? IIRC, about $85,000-$100,000 has been spent by American modders for this gear in the last few years.

Their products are so successful and unique that Danger Den copied their brand name in HD coolers (i.e. Aquadrive), Thermaltake copied their tube reservoir and copied their Aquabay name as well, Innovatek copied their Aquatube and at least called it something else, and of course someone here on this forum just copied the Aquatube design again and is producing it in a delrin material. Seems to me that there is something here to all this Aqua Computer stuff than meets the eye and all the "testing" in the world will not make one iota of difference to those who buy Aqua Computer equipment. When you got the best you know it's the best regardless of what anyone else might say. :p
Whatever.............. :eek:

Bio-Hazard said:
Whatever.............. :eek:

Nurse.jpg
is
icon_risota.gif

Top Nurse said:

So why do you think that a low performance watercooling product garners such attention? Why is it that AC equipment sells very fast in this country?

Why? Simply put because you and a select few other AC fanatics are very vocal and like to post and view in your "special thread". The APEX thread had a far faster growth in posts and views than the AC thread did, and a much more diverse posting.

IIRC, about $85,000-$100,000 has been spent by American modders for this gear in the last few years.

A fool and his money are soon parted ;)

Thats what happens when you are in a WATER ( = Aqua) cooling business and you name your company after the very thing that is used for cooling in your sector. AC has no trademark on using the term Aqua, unfortunate (well not really) but true.

EDIT: If you want to try and make this a popularity contest....Danger Den has their products in Brick and Mortar stores (Microcenter) across the nation, I would say that is pretty darn good for a watercooling company. I am not sure if AC has even managed that feat in Germany...it certainly hasn't here.

This might be a little different perspective to all this. I've been reading this thread and others and doing my research on watercooling and stuff (I was about to buy a whole setup [Storm, MCW55, BIPII, etc etc]) and I don't really have a preference over one or the other. I just see it as, you buy what you need, if you wanted a quiet cooling computer and don't care too much for temps, and just want complete silence, wouldn't a AC setup be the way to go? It seems very hard to put together a system that cools the chipset, the CPU, and the GPU with a large-tubing setup (1/2"), and for those going the extra mile, the HDs, and all those lil small things on the A8N board, I don't think you could get that done with a 1/2" setup..

Another point that it seems much simple to setup an AC system rather then a 1/2" setup. This is just my opinion, but it seems a lot easier to handle tubing with small tubing, as well as Plug-N-Cool kind of assures you that it won't slip out/fall off, while 1/2" tubing looks pretty hard to get done correctly (no kinks etc) and for newer users it might be much easier to go with an AC setup.

Just my 2 cents, I'm still dieing to see this review.

Quick question while were on the topic of the Cuplex XT block or the Cuplex Pro, what about the Cuplex EVO, that cylinder shaped block, that is a crazy looking block, I would like to see how that performs.

Top Nurse said:

1) Of course when you get a whole subsection of the WC forum in one thread its gonna be big.
2) the other stuff thats popped up about AC has been you, whoring it out in every thread.

So, since the vast majority of the threads arent about AC specificly, it would be pretty safe to say that at least 75% of all the posts other than the AC specific thread are not about AC products. So, 57000 posts minus the 4000 or so in the AC specific thread(s) is about 53000 posts. Multiply that by .75 to get about 37100 posts not about AC.

Yay for numbers!

Hexus0 said:
Quick question while were on the topic of the Cuplex XT block or the Cuplex Pro, what about the Cuplex EVO, that cylinder shaped block, that is a crazy looking block, I would like to see how that performs.

Sharka is bring some of those into the USA as we speak: http://www.sharkacomputers.com so perhaps that may get to SystemCooling sometime soon. :)

TN,

Why haven't you been banned for *literally advertising* Aqua Computer in every thread. At every possible chance you link to Sharka. There is no way that you're not getting kickbacks for selling their gear.

The type of Sharka/AC spam you do should be relegated to PMs IMHO.

Take for example, your link to sharka computers in your last post. Why was that necessary ? EVERYONE knows sharka's url. You post it in just about EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Even the most clueless and retarded noob can find a company's web site when it consists solely of their name with a dot com at the end. This is nothing but pointless spamming.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a referrer tag in the URLs you post. :eek:

As for the fact that AC sells well and $xxxxxx of sales, there is one simple answer. Most people only water cool because their knowledge of WC goes precisely this far :
"water cooling is better because it's like totally silent and you dont need a fan or anything and it lets yu get teh ubar overclokks"

These are the people who buy AC. They are the people who buy Bigwaters. The people who buy TEC air chillers for their PCs. They're just people without a clue who don't know about performance and just want to say they have WC. Theres 80% of your fabulous Aqua Computer sales figures.

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
As for the fact that AC sells well and $xxxxxx of sales, there is one simple answer. Most people only water cool because their knowledge of WC goes precisely this far :
"water cooling is better because it's like totally silent and you dont need a fan or anything and it lets yu get teh ubar overclokks"

These are the people who buy AC. They are the people who buy Bigwaters. The people who buy TEC air chillers for their PCs. They're just people without a clue who don't know about performance and just want to say they have WC. Theres 80% of your fabulous Aqua Computer sales figures.

did you know that your crass over-generalizations make you appear to be about 15 years old?

im not sure why people here feel like they have to force OMG PERFORMANCE on everyone here. i used to have a "performance" wc system (storm, heatercore, iwaki md20rzt), and i now have an AC setup. want to know why? get ready for it.....

my temps did not drop 1 degree when i switched to AC components.

so, mr. demon, until you know what you talking about, please kindly shut the hell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back